Sold Autographed Trio of Pat McManus Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These three books were given to me by the late Pat McManus over the years we were friends. All of them are in never-read, pristine condition, complete with the original dust jackets. I would prefer to sell them as a set.

I will consider reasonable offers but no trades. Payment via PayPal (buyer doesn't need an acct; just a CC or checking acct.) or cash only. Can be picked up near 67th Ave. & Camelback in Glendale, AZ or shipped at buyer's expense.

SOLD

"Rubber Legs And Whitetail Hairs" was signed on 1/18/88 with "To Tony, an old OWAA buddy -Pat McManus"

tailhairs.jpg.3759608ab827410cd594f58e17c9794e.jpg

"The Night The Bear Ate Goombaw" was signed on 1/18/90 with "To Tony, an old friend from OWAA -Pat McManus "

bear.jpg.a53d8addd1a8c3d64bc2f0fa1b9b02c8.jpg

"The Good Smaritan Strikes Again" was signed "Pat McManus" on 10/8/1992

good.jpg.1395c5ac8657123bd11909b09104d15c.jpg

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Man I loved that guy! When I was a kid I used to read and giggle to his books and it caused no end of annoyance to my sisters. An artist with words, draws pictures in your head so ridiculous that you can’t help but laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE Pat McManus! In a few years my son will be old enough to read his books with me. The Night The Bear Ate Goombaw is my favorite short.

OP
Outdoor Writer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE Pat McManus! In a few years my son will be old enough to read his books with me. The Night The Bear Ate Goombaw is my favorite short.
These would make a super Xmas present for your son.
Poof no eyebrows!

One of my favorites! Welcome back Outdoor Writer.
I can attest to the fact that McManus was as funny in person as he was with his writing. At one of the SHOT shows (1988 maybe) in Las Vegas, Pat, Clare Conley (editor OL) and I went to dinner at the steak joint in Caesar's Palace. We got to laughing so hard at Pat's tales that a couple of the wait staff even gathered around a bit whenever they could.

Last edited:

USMC2602

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I thought I was going to be removed from a Delta flight one evening. Was re-reading a McManus book and could not stop laughing, no matter how hard I tried to contain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.