AVOID BOWTECH

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing I’d like to say is that I was a lifelong BOWTECH supporter and advocate but after my bow tech limbs both failed while sighting in on a trip to Africa, I will never own one again.

It was not just that the limbs failed it was more the fact that after I reached out to my bow shop and bow tech. BOWTECH originally told my bow shop that they would replace the bow because they no longer made the limbs for the Destroyer 340. Then they changed the story to they would give me a discount off of a new bow. Then finally my bow shop was told that I needed to contact BOWTECH directly. I did that just to be told that BOWTECH would not cover any part of my bow because I couldn’t be proven to be the original owner because my bow shop had changed hands.

This took many months of emailing and calling for both myself and my bow shop just to find out bow tech will not stand by their products or supply parts even. In my research and discussion with others I found out that this was a common and known defect with BOWTECH limbs. That just adds to my disgust with the situation.

I just wanted to pass on my disappointment with BOWTECH to all the people in search of a new bow.

Regards,

Former lifelong BOWTECH customer

Attachments

• 7671628F-AAC4-407A-B28E-BE853BAF5DCA.jpeg
    7671628F-AAC4-407A-B28E-BE853BAF5DCA.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 56
OP
B
Man you must not have much going on today. Joining every hunting forum on the internet just to bash a company about a bow that you didn't register for warranty.

After months of my time going back and forth with them just to have them deny any sort of solution to a know product issue…you’re right I’m going to try to warn the average joe from having to experience this.

You must be part owner of BOWTECH if you’re worried about going on each forum to try to defend their reputation and blame a customer?

Ucsdryder

WKR
I don’t know. A 12-15 year old bow. Seems like that thing is at the end of its life cycle. When does a bow company stop warrantee-ing a bow? Yes I turned that into a verb.

I don’t know. A 12-15 year old bow. Seems like that thing is at the end of its life cycle. When does a bow company stop warrantee-ing a bow? Yes I turned that into a verb.
I tend to agree with you, except for the fact that Bowtech claims a "lifetime" warranty. Companies use statements like that all the time. Some actually live up to it and some just say it. Having a lifetime warranty sways some people into buying one, not me, but some people.

grfox92

WKR
First thing I’d like to say is that I was a lifelong BOWTECH supporter and advocate but after my bow tech limbs both failed while sighting in on a trip to Africa, I will never own one again.

It was not just that the limbs failed it was more the fact that after I reached out to my bow shop and bow tech. BOWTECH originally told my bow shop that they would replace the bow because they no longer made the limbs for the Destroyer 340. Then they changed the story to they would give me a discount off of a new bow. Then finally my bow shop was told that I needed to contact BOWTECH directly. I did that just to be told that BOWTECH would not cover any part of my bow because I couldn’t be proven to be the original owner because my bow shop had changed hands.

This took many months of emailing and calling for both myself and my bow shop just to find out bow tech will not stand by their products or supply parts even. In my research and discussion with others I found out that this was a common and known defect with BOWTECH limbs. That just adds to my disgust with the situation.

I just wanted to pass on my disappointment with BOWTECH to all the people in search of a new bow.

Regards,

Former lifelong BOWTECH customer
Hard to take this seriously when the OP created an account just to post this thread.

Bad customer service. Bad guides and outfitters always seem to motivate people to run around the internet making new accounts.

Sorry about your bow. I always shoot bows that are a few years old as well. Just an FYI the Destroyer had the nickname Exploder since the year it came out because almost all of them blew up eventually. It's nothing new.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I tend to agree with you, except for the fact that Bowtech claims a "lifetime" warranty. Companies use statements like that all the time. Some actually live up to it and some just say it. Having a lifetime warranty sways some people into buying one, not me, but some people.
Except he did not register the bow for it's warranty.

OP
B
I had been a member years ago but I had to create a new account because I never logged in to post…

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree joining just to trash a company even with the truth should be viewed with scrutiny by other members.

If you stick around and become a participating member of this community, maybe this discussion will carry a bit more consideration.

Locking it up until then.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.