Axcel landslyde carbon pro all hype?

Jon_G

WKR
What are your thoughts on the Axcel Landslyde Carbon Pro. I'd like to pair it with the new ultraview hunting 3 pin housing that's set to come out in just a few days. I guess what I really want to know is if you've had it and how it compares to the spot hogg fast eddie triple stack. I'll be running it with picatinny mounts.

I can't I've found anything wrong with the triple stack but both UV and Axcel put out some really well made products in my opinion. I bought the Axcel antler ridge stabilizers and they feel great. I also bought the UV button and really liked it coming from a trigger release.

I heard the UV housings are much heavier but those are older posts is this still true? I generally don't follow the hype lol but this time I'm intrigued.

Thanks much for all your input from everyone like always you guys have been really helpful.

I used a triple stack for a bit and sold it due to the weight. Weighted out at over 16oz. It's amazingly tough though. I wouldn't have a problem recommending that again. I have used a UV3XL in the double pin version on an axcel landslyde carbon pro with the mathews short carbon bar. It was very light. This was for a V3x so not a picatinny mount. I think I was around like 10oz at that point, but this was without the light kit on the UV. The problem I had was two fold: 1) The UV3XL didn't have bright enough pins. I was running the .10 sight pins. At least for me on some brighter backdrops lite by sun I couldn't see the pins. The vertical pins gave a great sight picture, but the pins were blended in with the post. 2) The Landslyde has a lot going on from a screws standpoint. Lost of little screws everywhere and I was concerned about things coming loose. I am a littl rough on gear so I was concerned and heard some reports of others having screws loosenign. So between that and when it was combined with the UV3XL pin washout problem, I sold it all. If I could run a light on the UV3XL it may have been a different story. I wasn't a fan of the stock axcel landslyde scope so I didn't want to try it without the UV scope My state doesn't alow lighted sights so that might factor for you. Both companies are well made for sure. I have no idea how much the light kit weighs on the UV. If you want to go the route I did without the light, you can buy just the parts for a UV3 in the parts section on the UV website. Just have to buy the housing, the level, the set screws, and then choose your pin configuration. The whole thing cost about $115 at the time. It's a cheaper way of going about it if you don't need the light.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
I used a triple stack for a bit and sold it due to the weight. Weighted out at over 16oz. It's amazingly tough though. I wouldn't have a problem recommending that again. I have used a UV3XL in the double pin version on an axcel landslyde carbon pro with the mathews short carbon bar. It was very light. This was for a V3x so not a picatinny mount. I think I was around like 10oz at that point, but this was without the light kit on the UV. The problem I had was two fold: 1) The UV3XL didn't have bright enough pins. I was running the .10 sight pins. At least for me on some brighter backdrops lite by sun I couldn't see the pins. The vertical pins gave a great sight picture, but the pins were blended in with the post. 2) The Landslyde has a lot going on from a screws standpoint. Lost of little screws everywhere and I was concerned about things coming loose. I am a littl rough on gear so I was concerned and heard some reports of others having screws loosenign. So between that and when it was combined with the UV3XL pin washout problem, I sold it all. If I could run a light on the UV3XL it may have been a different story. I wasn't a fan of the stock axcel landslyde scope so I didn't want to try it without the UV scope My state doesn't alow lighted sights so that might factor for you. Both companies are well made for sure. I have no idea how much the light kit weighs on the UV. If you want to go the route I did without the light, you can buy just the parts for a UV3 in the parts section on the UV website. Just have to buy the housing, the level, the set screws, and then choose your pin configuration. The whole thing cost about $115 at the time. It's a cheaper way of going about it if you don't need the light.
Great, great answer thank you! I too don't like how heavy the spot hogg is and when you carry that thing around for 10 hours every ounce counts I'm sure LOL.

I wanted to run .19 so it may be a tad easier to see. I am also concerned about losing the little screws so I can loc-tite the ones that don't need to be moved again but I'm not too sure if that is a good idea.

Did you have any issues getting past 100 yards? Not that I ever plan on shooting an animal at that distance but I'd love to be good enough one day to make shots that far at the range just for fun.

Lastly, what did you end up going with? Thanks again!

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
I do have to add that my current setup with the picatinny mount is at 14.5 ounces. I was hoping to come as close to 10 oz as possible. This may even let me remove an oz or 2 from my rear stabilizer.

I didn't try the UV3XL on the axcel at 100, but I'm sure it would do it. I used the UV3xl on a fast eddie bar before trying the axcel landslyde and made it to 100, so I'm sure it would work. The .10 is nice for that reason. If you do go UV the .19 may be bright enough. If you can try it that would be nice. 0.19 covers the target more at longer range though. I don't know if they would make a custom to have the bottom pin .10? You could lock tite or wax the screws, yes that might work. I think you could get to 10ish oz without a light kit on the UV, but I'm not too familiar with the picatinny mount weight when compared to the dovetail bar version. I ended up with a custom black gold pro sight 3 pin with the pins .19, .10, .10. I have used black gold for awhile prior to my experiment with UV, Spot hogg and found them built well. The custom price (S & S archery online shipped to my door) was less than that of the UV3xl and landslyde too. I liked the weight and the sight pins are bright. I learned I prefer a horizontal pin set up too. The lightest I found was my UV3XL scope (no light) on a b3 rize bar. I think I had it at 8.8oz at that point. The b3 bar was amazing, and if I was shooting target or 3d I wouldn't hesitate. I didn't like it for hunting because I wanted dual indicators and the speed of the slider movement was a little slow for me taking many cranks to move anywhere.

DanimalW

WKR
Wondering what kind of range you’ll get out of a triple stack on picatinny mount. With my BG dual track on the picatinny, I could barely get 40 yards bottoming out the lower pin.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
UV just got back to me with the weight of the new scope. They said it's 9.5 oz which seems ridiculously heavy am I wrong? Add
Wondering what kind of range you’ll get out of a triple stack on picatinny mount. With my BG dual track on the picatinny, I could barely get 40 yards bottoming out the lower pin.
That's odd. Have you gotten it checked at a pro shop? When setting my sight tape I was shooting 60 and still had plenty more to go.

DanimalW

WKR
I’m just referring to the top pin set at 20 and bottom to 40, without sliding it. I have t shot past 60 yet, but I should get 100 yards with sliding. Really not much adjustment you can make with the picatinny. Can’t move the housing in closer to increase pin spacing.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
Ah OK ok I see what you're saying. I just sent my scope to spot hogg to replace the bottom pin to a .010 for long range. When I get it back I'll let you know after I shoot it.

agood2255

FNG
Im putting my tripple stack housing on my Axcel Landslyde in the coming days. Just need the t rod to come in. More to come but I think it might be the best of both worlds

UV just got back to me with the weight of the new scope. They said it's 9.5 oz which seems ridiculously heavy am I wrong? Add

That's odd. Have you gotten it checked at a pro shop? When setting my sight tape I was shooting 60 and still had plenty more to go.
No I think the weight of the UV may be accurate if they include the light kit. It’s the heaviest component by far. I also ran the UV3XL on a b3 Exact 3D slider and that whole setup weighed about 10oz total. The weight of just the b3 portion was 6.6 ish oz. So I think the UV3XL without the light kit was just under 3oz.

Last edited: