AZ 19a - Azgfd called. In next on the list. * time sensitive

I was told I’m next on the list for 19A as a non-res early December rifle hunt.
I have to let them know if I want the tag tomorrow morning, before going to the next guy.
I’ve heard this is a rowdy, steep hunt. Small elk population, etc…
I have 8 total points and can probably draw this next year based on stats. But, always a bird in hand is better.

Should I take it? Any insights?

As always thanks, I’m happy to trade for info around SW CO. I’ve guided here for 20 years.

Geewhiz

WKR
I know nothing about arizona and obviously different units but for what its worth here's another guy in similar shoes.

19A has some elk, but what you heard about pockets is absolutely accurate. There has been a few slobs killed in there over the years, but they were pretty well known about by the guys who killed them. Depending on your expectations, I would say you will probably atleast have chances at bulls, but do not expect to glass up tons of elk. Relatively small area that they consist in in 19a.

OP
BrokenArrow
Wait a minute. You applied for it, and now your asking if you should take it?
Yes I did.
Other state tags get drawn, Reissues get picked up, plans evolve, work schedules, time with my 6 year old daughter.
What if the next guy is a rookie and has a better chance at getting to hunt the whole season, where I might be limited. I’d be stoked for that person.
It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp. Think before you speak

Put in for a better unit, spend time with the daughter, she will be a teenager when you get drawn so you should be able to hunt the entire week, go after bigger bulls and see more elk .

pirogue

WKR
Yes I did.
Other state tags get drawn, Reissues get picked up, plans evolve, work schedules, time with my 6 year old daughter.
What if the next guy is a rookie and has a better chance at getting to hunt the whole season, where I might be limited. I’d be stoked for that person.
It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp. Think before you speak
You mention none of these reasons in your initial post. Maybe you should reread it.

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve hunted 19a for archery deer. I know a few places the elk hang out. Seen quite a bit of sign and elk in some spots. If you do decide to take it, or if you draw it next year hit me up and I can help with some info on places to start looking.

OP
BrokenArrow
Thank you all,
I decided to pass it on to the next guy. Hopefully you’ll be as nice to them if they ask for help too.
I appreciate it after helping many folks tag out here in CO over the years.