AZ Game and Fish Commission proposes limited muzzle loader and archery seasons.

tough to tell what they are actually proposing. there's one paragraph, but then there's no corresponding changes in the actual regulations.

OP
B

BBob

WKR
tough to tell what they are actually proposing. there's one paragraph, but then there's no corresponding changes in the actual regulations.
That’s what they do. You can bet they’ve been talking to many behind the scenes and are looking to what the public comments have to say. We’ll have to wait for the meeting to see what they will actually propose. I just figured I’d put it out there and on the radar.

“Public comments regarding the proposed rule changes are being accepted by email at [email protected]from April 14 through May 14, 2023.”

Last edited:

Felix40

WKR
Atlatl for turkey and javelina and traditional muzzleloader and archery seasons. I support all of that.

Tough to tell what to even comment. Some of the change concepts I might like, some I definitely would not.

OP
B

BBob

WKR
Tough to tell what to even comment. Some of the change concepts I might like, some I definitely would not.
Then tell them what your thoughts are. That’s what the comment period is for. They don’t always do what I’d have wanted but they have listened in the past and done a lot of what we did want.

wapitibob

WKR
Airbow added to crossbow seasons is a bit odd. I thought those things went away pretty quickly.

Nice that they cleaned up the transport req's for cwd.

As a non-resident, I cannot comment.

At least that's what every resident in their state says about non-residents, that their opinion or preferences don't matter...

Weldor

WKR
Again, special interests. Our archery season has always been generous, until they established quota's. Muzzleloader was almost always underprescribed in the late 80's through the 90's. The idea was they are less effective and required more time to be successful. The 700 yd muzzleloaders are not hepling their cause or archers shooting 100 yds and more. Modern tech is wonderful but. Just my 2 cents as a Bowhunter , muzzleload hunter and firearms hunter.

MattB

WKR
See it now. Thanks!

What I can’t see yet is showing up to my local 3d shoot with an atlatl… but maybe the idea will grow on me 😂 could be a cool way to hunt!!
We have some guys who use them at our local archery range. They use them at 10 yards and can hit a hay bale.....most of the time.

They should just follow NM or CO on the muzzleloader restrictions instead of complicating things and adding another week of pressure with another season.

Same with the bows. I’m guessing it’s either 1) another week or two of extra pressure on the animals, or 2) OTC trad bow hunters crowding draw tag compound bow hunters. I don’t see how either option would be worth it