Baby its Cold Outside! What's your temp?

Broomd : I am considering them for the future. At the drougt I had to sell off my Herefords. I haven't been able to go to Angus. I grew up with them. I lost 60% of my grass and am plowing up my fields and reseeding. Painful and expensive.

High Voltage

Lil-Rokslider
The media loves to blow things out of proportion. Really bad news catches everyone’s attention and they get ratings. Look how they exploited Covid.!

Fatcamp

WKR
Screenshot_20221222-164657_Chrome.jpg

It is horrible out. The airport is closed until tomorrow night. Interstates will close at dark.

Luckily I'm an essential employee and am required to work.

🤨

Cubby

WKR
Miles City is going to be -32 by 8am on Friday and that's without wind factor, but I will still come to work lol

TX_Diver

WKR
Down to -2 feels like -24 here now. Still hasn't gotten as windy as it was supposed to. Supposed to drop a few more degrees though so we'll see.

Just watched the news. Isn't it interesting that colder than hell with snow is just unique in the west while as it approaches the northeast it becomes a bomb cyclone and a national crisis. No insult meant to you folks living there. Just an observation of the national news media.

Broomd

WKR
Broomd : I am considering them for the future. At the drougt I had to sell off my Herefords. I haven't been able to go to Angus. I grew up with them. I lost 60% of my grass and am plowing up my fields and reseeding. Painful and expensive.
You've got your hands full there with re-pasture, but you read like the guy that will prevail!
Highlands are slow growers, but they are versatile with feed and have a ton of personality. Cool critters. We've been focusing less on beef marketing, although that low-cholesterol meat is popular with customers.
Been focused more on selling calves, the return has been crazy. 'Yard art'..we insist they buy two though. Highlands are social animals.

If and when you go that direction, let me know. We could work with you for calves or brood stock.

View attachment 490965

Just had a nice fine rainy mist move through this morning to moisten things up for the plummeting temps and snow later this afternoon
Screenshot_20221222_203520.jpg
12hr update. Pretty drastic winter conditions for this area. Blowing snow and drifts. I'm sure you westerners would laugh at the panic of the way the weather stations are acting