Back tension release question

I’ve been shooting a Stan element tension release and I shoot it decent. Does anyone have any tips or there own methods on shooting a back tension release? Thankyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Back tension is a technique not a type of release. All releases should be shot with back tension.

It would be helpful if you described what issues you are having if you think you are just shooting ok with it.

OP
J
Back tension is a technique not a type of release. All releases should be shot with back tension.

It would be helpful if you described what issues you are having if you think you are just shooting ok with it.

I would say my problem is I hold my breath and anticipate the shot at time

Holocene

WKR
There's a guy on the ArcheryTalk forum named "Padgett". Check out his articles on shooting a hinge release, particularly the Scott Ascent, which is a dual-sear release where you can set the click sear and release sear. Same technique can apply to the new Ultraview Hinge 2 release. Also, he's got an article on how to shoot an index release with a similar approach to a hinge.

Joel Turner's Shot IQ stuff could help you as well.

fatlander

WKR
I would say my problem is I hold my breath and anticipate the shot at time

Blind bale.

Get two identical releases and set one a good bit hotter than the other. Grab them at random.

Hunt with it as hot as you can stand.