Backpacking Solo 2023

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
Heading to the high country for a mule deer hunt. This is my first time to backpack solo, I’m pretty excited to say the least.

I was curious to who all is going in the back country solo this year and how many days are you planning on staying?

Good luck to everybody and stay safe!

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    603.3 KB · Views: 74

rcb2000

WKR
Good luck out there.
Anytime you start to get home sick or think about calling it quits and going home, just remember that you don’t wanna spend the rest of the entire year wondering what would’ve happened if you stayed a little bit longer.

Leaving in three weeks for SW montana to scatter my dad’s ashes with a bear tag in my pocket. After that, I'm going to slip over and scout one of the unlimited areas for sheep. Be out for 8-9 days
Pretty cool send off. Was that his specific wish or is it your unique idea? I’ve thought about writing out a similar wish in my will.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I love going solo in the backcountry! Will probably only get one trip in this season to the high country for mule deer and only 3-4 nights due to other commitments, elk may end up being a pack in hunt but only a few miles from the truck.