Iceland Fly Fishing

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Planning a trip with a buddy to do some fly fishing in Iceland this coming year. We’d plan on one week. Probably 1-2 days guided, 2-3 days solo. 2 days just sightseeing. Cheaper the better, i think it can be done on 3k easy but less is more in this category.

Thinking June time frame at the moment, but no issue making a change on this if another time of the year will be more productive.

Interested in any and all advice or recommendations y’all can provide. Specific guides to use/avoid, regions of the country to be looking at, can’t miss sights, favorite local food items, areas to avoid, tips to save money, etc.

Rich M

WKR
I'm no help but that sounds like an amazing trip.

Aren't they having a volcano alert or something right now?

2531usmc

WKR
Does look like an amazing trip! I was curious about sport fishing in Iceland, lots of good info on their website. But I did notice that there are restrictions on bringing your own fishing gear into the country. Seems as if a veterinarian has to disinfect your tackle before it’s admitted into the country.

What kind of fish are you targeting? Fly fishing Iceland is something that had never occurred to me.