Backup plan for son in Idaho

I am going to Idaho in mid October with my son for his first hunt. We are going to be hunting southeast Idaho in a unit that was hit pretty hard with winter kill so that doesn’t leave me to optimistic but we are going to give it hell. Was hoping to have a backup plan and maybe take him to a unit where he could get a doe as a last resort. Any recommendations on a unit where we could make this possible would be greatly appreciated. TIA

jimmy33

WKR
Are you a non resident with a unit specific tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Your unit specific tag is just that. Can you shoot does in 75? The northern zones have doe hunts but you don't have that tag.

Super tag

WKR
It would be pretty tough at this point to hunt another unit if you already have the tag? NR tags are gone. All of the units in eastern half of the state are in the same condition anyway, not sure it will really matter. I travel deer country every day and have for years, seen very few deer this year.

OP
C
Your unit specific tag is just that. Can you shoot does in 75? The northern zones have doe hunts but you don't have that tag.
I have to hunt 75, only bucks in 75 but he can hunt any general unit in Idaho with his tag. Was thinking if worst came worst, we could go west to a unit where he could shoot a doe

nphunter

WKR
I have to hunt 75, only bucks in 75 but he can hunt any general unit in Idaho with his tag. Was thinking if worst came worst, we could go west to a unit where he could shoot a doe

He can only hunt a unit with a person that has a tag. He can hunt with you in unit 75 but you cannot take him to unit XX unless you have a tag for that unit. You would have to find someone with a tag for a different unit to take him or a Resident with a General Tag.

Mentor rules.JPG