Badlands Venture experiences

Brehmer22

FNG
I’m newer to hunting and looking for a good insulated and wind proof jacket to wear while stationary and moving a bit for whitetail hunting. I have been keeping an eye on the classified for good deals. The Badlands Venture jacket caught my eye as it’s a good price and has the features that I want. Does anyone have any experience with this jacket or just Badlands in general?

Jim813

FNG
I don't have this specific jacket, but I have purchased a bunch of different clothing from Badlands over the last several years. Overall, I've been very impressed with the fit, durability, comfort, and patterns, both hunting specific and casual clothing. I've had a couple things that didn't fit quite right, and their return/exchange policy has been extremely easy to deal with. Their scree pants are some of my all time favorite clothing pieces I own.

I am a huge Badlands fan. I've carried one of their packs for years on back country hunts. You cannot beat their warranty. I had a buckle break on my pack just before season, they expedited me several new buckles to replace it.

For their clothing, I love their wool shirts. They are a tremendous value for the quality. I bought a pair of the Resist pants last year. They are like wearing pajamas. They are hands down the best hunting pants I have ever tried. Very warm and comfortable with side zippers to exhaust heat. The major problem is they can't seem to keep them in stock which is frustrating.

I have the High Unitas vest. I wear it all winter long outside of hunting. My style sense says camo goes with everything. I have Gen 1, which had a loud collar (with facial hair brushing against it). They have since fixed that loudness. The vest is very warm and light weight.

The jacket...the Venture is their only jacket with pit zips. This is a HUGE flaw in the Badlands lineup. Any self respecting hunting coat must have pit zips. Don't waste your money on a jacket that does not. I've had my eye on the Venture for several years and actually just ordered it earlier today because it was on a huge sale. At its current $130 price it is a great deal. I wear the Odin jacket as my everyday wear in the winter time and I can say it's fantastic. It's extremely warm, but.. I wish it had pit zips, even for everyday wear.

I'm 5'9", 165lbs if you need sizing info.