Badlands zippers still garbage?

Buddro

FNG
I was just touching up the zippers on my old 2200 and got to wondering if they ever figured them out. I have several of their packs, all very comfortable and functional. But all have zippers that fail in no time. My packs are all 5 years old or older, several have been back for repairs that didn't hold up. Despite the zippers I honestly like them quite a lot. I perused the search log but most of what I saw didn't distinguish new packs from their well earned reputation for awful zippers in old packs.

I have several of their new packs, the material stretches a little more which I think helps the zippers.

Wrench

WKR
I have the original 2800 and it's been on several hundred days afield and hauled some stupid loads. That pack defys what negatives I hear about badlands. 20161118_154519.jpg

Ha Wrench, good one. I had a 2200 that also packed out obscene loads as well. I have a new one, and it's taken an elk, bear, and a couple small pieces of a moose out so far.

I had zipper fails on my old pack, new one is less than a year old no issues. I did have an issue on the panel attachments. I need to keep an eye on that as it was a fail when I packed my bear out. When you pull the panel out from the bottom of the pack, and attach to the top when packing, the connectors are almost vertical. I put a pretty heavy load, about 75 lbs in there, stood up, and it popped. out. Never had that with old pack.

jmez

WKR
I have some model of older Badlands pack. I've used it quite a bit and the zippers have been ok. The zipper pulls are garbage and a couple of those broke off. I replaced them all with paracord and haven't had an actual zipper failure.