Badlands

Crunk

FNG
So I just got my second Badlands pack. I love their gear and am excited to get to try this one. It's much lighter and bigger than my other one from them.

If not packing heavy loads, they are decent. I used to use them until I killed a spike and my buddy killed a cow. Both animals down within twenty feet of each other. Started processing and packing meat within an hour of sunrise and finished about half an hour before sunset. Carrying elk quarters in that pack about killed me. He had a cheaper pack too and we were destroyed for several days after. Couple buckles broke and some stitching came undone. Their warranty is top notch but I ordered my first EXO the very next day.

Good day packs but if you will be packing meat, do a couple test runs with weight now. Don’t get yourself in the position I did.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I can pack out as much as my body can handle in/on my 2800. It has been a solid pack for me for 10 years or better. No problems with the pack whatsoever. Hauled out 75 lbs of meat one time. And it makes a great day pack as it is extremely light.

I loved the latest version of the 2200, and I've owned the old version, the new version, and about 5 or six of their other packs! I still use the DOS with HyperVent for my hiking pack with light loads for day trips. All that aside, my sticking point was above 30-35lbs. and I had up to about 70lbs. in my original 2200. The packs all handled what I needed them to do acceptably, but once I tried another brand I immediately moved on, and since that time I've moved on yet again lol. If they fit you well and do what you need, that's awesome! I just found out by trial that while carrying weight may not be pleasant, it also doesn't have to be the "suck" if the pack fits you well and stays put.

I still am sold on the Badlands clothing line as generally compared to others I've owned, not talking specific piece exceptions!

I just bought a used 2200. Would love to get some insights as to tips/tricks people have found to improve their experience with it. Maybe like hydration bladder usage, best way to utilize the batwings, attaching a bow, etc.
FWIW probably going to be use it for archery day hunting and the occasional one nighter. In terms of hauling meat it would probably just take a first load and then I'd grab my frame.

I just bought a used 2200. Would love to get some insights as to tips/tricks people have found to improve their experience with it. Maybe like hydration bladder usage, best way to utilize the batwings, attaching a bow, etc.
FWIW probably going to be use it for archery day hunting and the occasional one nighter. In terms of hauling meat it would probably just take a first load and then I'd grab my frame.

Best tip I personally found is to wear it a bit more like a ruck vs. a high end frame pack. I used mine primarily for layers and packing a treestand, other than testing to see what it could do...

Best tip I personally found is to wear it a bit more like a ruck vs. a high end frame pack. I used mine primarily for layers and packing a treestand, other than testing to see what it could do...

Very helpful! Just so I'm clear, what do you mean by "wear it a bit more like a ruck"? Is that higher up on the waist/hips?

87TT

WKR
I just couldn't imagine hauling out an elk solo without a good purpose built pack. For me Kuiu didn't work but an EXO is great. I'm 70 and walk 3 1/2 miles everyday with some steep hills with the K2 and 44# soon to be 50#.

I just let my shoulders take all the weight. The number of heavy weight animals I’ve packed with a 2200 is stupid. Don’t let anyone tell you it won’t pack heavy loads!

I even packed a quarter of this guy out

Attachments

• 13559FEF-B907-4D3F-86C3-00BD127A342E.jpeg
    13559FEF-B907-4D3F-86C3-00BD127A342E.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 13

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to get one for a day pack for whitetail hunting but can't get past the idea of not having the side water bottle pockets. I always put my quiver in one of those pockets, hate having it on the bow