Banish 30 Suppressor

Its been 8 long months but my Banish 30 suppressor just showed up in the mail today!
I screwed it onto my 30 Nosler and put a few rounds through it this evening.
All I can say is HOLY $#@! this thing is incredibly quiet, it sounds like a 22 I was literally shocked after the first shot!
Also it knocked the recoil down just as well as my 5 port brake, I'm sending 220 berger's at 3000 fps and my wife has no problems shooting it.
More testing to come, unfortunately I can't upload any videos
Screenshot_20210423-210954_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: B23

lintond

WKR
I just got my first suppressor and have really enjoyed it on my 28 Nosler. Probably won’t go back to unsuppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B23

WKR
I just got my first suppressor and have really enjoyed it on my 28 Nosler. Probably won’t go back to unsuppressed.
That's nearly always the consensus followed by, I can't believe I didn't get one of these things sooner!

B23

WKR
when I talked to silencer central they also talked me into a banish 22.
Bahahahahaha, ya right, but I'd bet you were already sold before you ever made the call. :)

It's ok, my dad is waiting on a Banish 30 and a Banish 22. The pressure was more than I could bear and caved so I called Silencer Central a few weeks ago and ordered a Banish 22 myself and I already have two rimfire suppressors. You can just never have to many rimfire cans.

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Rather than start a new thread ill resurrect this one. After quite a bit of research, ive landed on the Banish 30. Ill run it on 22lr, 17hmr, 204 ruger, 6.5CM, 270wsm, 28nosler. Reasons for going with the Banish, sound suppression performance, weight/length, user serviceability, modularity, Limited Full Auto rating(everything but belt fed)

Curious on feedback for those who have had one for awhile. Some say user serviceable is gimmicky, but i want to use this on a 22lr and 17hmr, so i feel it HAS to be user serviceable.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Rather than start a new thread ill resurrect this one. After quite a bit of research, ive landed on the Banish 30. Ill run it on 22lr, 17hmr, 204 ruger, 6.5CM, 270wsm, 28nosler. Reasons for going with the Banish, sound suppression performance, weight/length, user serviceability, modularity, Limited Full Auto rating(everything but belt fed)

Curious on feedback for those who have had one for awhile. Some say user serviceable is gimmicky, but i want to use this on a 22lr and 17hmr, so i feel it HAS to be user serviceable.
I still like mine, I don't know if user servicibility is gimmicky or not, I think you can make an argument either way but if you are planning on using if for a 22 like you are than it is needed. I think though that you would be better off actually having a separate silencer for your 22 but if you can't then a user serviceable can makes sense.

I have never cleaned my banish but I don't use it for rimfire stuff either. My banish 22 gets cleaned fairly often and I'm always surprised how much build up I get from a few hundred 22 rounds. I am not sure if that sort of builduo from a rimfire can be overcome and self cleaned by just blasting some centerfire rounds through it but I'd think probably not.

Anyways, I still really like my B30 and I have a TBAC 7 in the works so that I can compare them both side by side rather than picking one and trashing on the other.

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA

After running mine for a year plus I wouldn't buy one again, the user serviceable thing is a pain, mines totally stuck and I can't get it apart.
A piece of baffle fell out so I have to send it back, no idea what happened there..
I also have a Nomad LT and it's way quieter and better built

Lawnboi

WKR
Add me to the list who wouldn’t buy user serviceable centerfire can ever again. I don’t think it’s a gimmick, but it does add another source of problems and zero offset if it’s something you disassemble often. I agree with above that you want a dedicated rimfire can, even for the 17. They are dirty.

Get one that’s fully titanium that allows you to fill it up with CLR. They do need to be cleaned. For non titanium bore tech makes a solvent deal now but I havnt used it yet.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Add me to the list who wouldn’t buy user serviceable centerfire can ever again. I don’t think it’s a gimmick, but it does add another source of problems and zero offset if it’s something you disassemble often. I agree with above that you want a dedicated rimfire can, even for the 17. They are dirty.

Get one that’s fully titanium that allows you to fill it up with CLR. They do need to be cleaned. For non titanium bore tech makes a solvent deal now but I havnt used it yet.
Ive taken mine apart and put it back together at the range to see if it changed the zero and it did not. YMMV but I've actually tried it rather than speculating about it with no issues.

Also, I can't get CLR to give me a real answer but does desolving led in CLR creat led Acetate as an end product? they told me they only talk about their products, not what bi-products it creates from their use.

Lawnboi

WKR
Ive taken mine apart and put it back together at the range to see if it changed the zero and it did not. YMMV but I've actually tried it rather than speculating about it with no issues.

Also, I can't get CLR to give me a real answer but does desolving led in CLR creat led Acetate as an end product? they told me they only talk about their products, not what bi-products it creates from their use.
I should mention I’m not speaking to the banish but a griffin take apart centerfire can. I have taken it apart and cleaned it. While the baffle stack has tags to line it up, depending on how that baffle stack ends up in the tube changed my zero. I mainly shot 223 through it so I let that sucker carbon lock up… still need to get around to cleaning it but it’s sitting on my 17. Simply an area that could potentially create a problem, that I do not have with my sealed cans, to the point that I don’t see a take apart centerfire can giving me any benefit what so ever. I actually think it’s more of a pain in the ass to clean than a sealed titanium can.

I think your thinking of the dip, vinegar something that people use to clean rimfire cans. This combination makes lead acetate. Rimfire I just clean with bore tech solvents and some elbow grease but I don’t shoot much 22lr anymore. Mainly 17hmr which is a different kind of dirty. Centerfire sealed cans really shouldn’t have lead in them, I don’t believe CLR creates anything as toxic as lead acetate but I still handle and dispose of with care.

B23

WKR
The Banish 30 is a pretty decent can just not one I'd consider as a top performer. Quality is good and their sound suppression is pretty good, just not great like the top level cans in their same 1.5 dia. class are. In 7in form the 30 cal Ultra7 is definitely quieter and like wise when at it's full length 9in length the Ultra9 is quieter.

Being a modular design and the fact you can run the Banish30 in two different lengths, 7 or 9 inch, is a nice option, but to be honest, I don't really see myself ever using it at anything except its full length. IMO, when in 7in configuration, it's just kind of "ok" with regard to sound suppression. Being a take apart design has little to no value for me as I have numerous other rimfire cans and I'll never use it on a rimfire.

I will say the people at Silencer Central were very nice but would I buy one again, not likely, and with the trend seeming to be going toward 1.75 - 1.8 diameter cans, to do all over again, if I was in the market for a new can I'd buy one of those instead.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Banish 30 is a pretty decent can just not one I'd consider as a top performer. Quality is good and their sound suppression is pretty good, just not great like the top level cans in their same 1.5 dia. class are. In 7in form the 30 cal Ultra7 is definitely quieter and like wise when at it's full length 9in length the Ultra9 is quieter.

Being a modular design and the fact you can run the Banish30 in two different lengths, 7 or 9 inch, is a nice option, but to be honest, I don't really see myself ever using it at anything except its full length. IMO, when in 7in configuration, it's just kind of "ok" with regard to sound suppression. Being a take apart design has little to no value for me as I have numerous other rimfire cans and I'll never use it on a rimfire.

I will say the people at Silencer Central were very nice but would I buy one again, not likely, and with the trend seeming to be going toward 1.75 - 1.8 diameter cans, to do all over again, if I was in the market for a new can I'd buy one of those instead.
I have an ultra 7 on order and sort of have buyers remorse. Not super bad, I just wish I’d ordered a CGS. I don’t think the banish 30 is the best silencer by any stretch but I’ve found mine to be pretty good, I’ve never used it in the 9” configuration. It’s pretty much strictly for hunting and I like to keep things as short as possible. It absolutely takes the edge off things.