First Suppressor: Banish Backcountry or Banish 30

PLhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking up different information regarding my suppressor and came across this. I’ve owned my banish 30 for over three years now. I run it mostly in 7 inch format. As for the suppression all I know is it’s as or more effective than my friends dead air nomad even in 7 inch format. We shot them side by side in the same rifles. As far as repeatability and accuracy it’s been great. No POI shifts when removing and putting back on and tightened groups in my tikka. Gets plenty of hate but seems to be trendy to hate more than of substance.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Looking up different information regarding my suppressor and came across this. I’ve owned my banish 30 for over three years now. I run it mostly in 7 inch format. As for the suppression all I know is it’s as or more effective than my friends dead air nomad even in 7 inch format. We shot them side by side in the same rifles. As far as repeatability and accuracy it’s been great. No POI shifts when removing and putting back on and tightened groups in my tikka. Gets plenty of hate but seems to be trendy to hate more than of substance.
I’ve come to the conclusion that the banish 30 sucks. It’s a sub par product and silencer central is terrible to deal with after they take your money.

SC bills the “user serviceable” aspect as a feature but it’s far cheaper for them to just put baffles in a tub and thread a cap on than it is for them to properly fully weld a can the way TBAC does. There is zero reason to buy a banish 30 when a TBAC ultra 7 is 100.00 more.

My banish 30 got damaged and it took me over three weeks to get a response from their warranty people. Once that can comes back, it will spend the rest of its days attached to a shitty truck gun behind the seat of my truck.

OP
General RE LEE
I’ve come to the conclusion that the banish 30 sucks. It’s a sub par product and silencer central is terrible to deal with after they take your money.

SC bills the “user serviceable” aspect as a feature but it’s far cheaper for them to just put baffles in a tub and thread a cap on than it is for them to properly fully weld a can the way TBAC does. There is zero reason to buy a banish 30 when a TBAC ultra 7 is 100.00 more.

My banish 30 got damaged and it took me over three weeks to get a response from their warranty people. Once that can comes back, it will spend the rest of its days attached to a shitty truck gun behind the seat of my truck.

That’s a bummer

I sent my stuff in and 10 months later had my suppressor. I just accepted this is a slow process similar to dropping off a nice buck at the taxidermist for a shoulder mount. I think they made it o pretty easy. I just managed my expectations on the front end.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That’s a bummer

I sent my stuff in and 10 months later had my suppressor. I just accepted this is a slow process similar to dropping off a nice buck at the taxidermist for a shoulder mount. I think they made it o pretty easy. I just managed my expectations on the front end.
Im not talking about the wait when you buy one, Im talking about the way the ghost you after you buy one....adidtionally its just a crappy silencer.

Reactions: Duh

PLhunter

Lil-Rokslider

My friends nomad has gained some weight over the years and his options to remedy this are limited. It shoots no tighter or more consistent or repeatable than my user serviceable can. So reasons why or not I can’t say it’s a worse design. I haven’t had to make a warranty claim yet and so I can’t speak to that for either dead air or silencer central.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My friends nomad has gained some weight over the years and his options to remedy this are limited. It shoots no tighter or more consistent or repeatable than my user serviceable can. So reasons why or not I can’t say it’s a worse design. I haven’t had to make a warranty claim yet and so I can’t speak to that for either dead air or silencer central.
It’s 100% a worse design. My can has something broken inside of it and even though it’s user serviceable, my end cap is fused on so I actually can’t service my banish 30 as the end user.

The fact is that having a loose stack of baffles is cheaper than properly welding them in place. Threading the tube and screwing a cap on is cheaper than welding. It’s all marketing to call user serviceability a feature.

I get it, people get defensive about their silencers because they wait a long time to get them and then they are stuck with them. I own a banish 30 but the facts remain, it’s a low quality product from a company that lacks customer service.

Speaking of which, I need to call silencer central right now to follow up on my claim. I’m guessing I’ll sit on hold for 30-40 minutes, be transferred around between 3-4 people (getting a different story from each) then I’ll eventually get transferred to a line with nobody there and get disconnected . That’s what happened last time.

Geewhiz

WKR
I had a friend just buy a banish 30 as well and I'm trying to figure out why a person would buy a banish. It seams like there are other cans that do everything better. Its not the quietest, or the lightest, or the smallest, or the cheapest. Unless its just for lack of research?

PLhunter

Lil-Rokslider
It’s 100% a worse design. My can has something broken inside of it and even though it’s user serviceable, my end cap is fused on so I actually can’t service my banish 30 as the end user.

The fact is that having a loose stack of baffles is cheaper than properly welding them in place. Threading the tube and screwing a cap on is cheaper than welding. It’s all marketing to call user serviceability a feature.

I get it, people get defensive about their silencers because they wait a long time to get them and then they are stuck with them. I own a banish 30 but the facts remain, it’s a low quality product from a company that lacks customer service.

Speaking of which, I need to call silencer central right now to follow up on my claim. I’m guessing I’ll sit on hold for 30-40 minutes, be transferred around between 3-4 people (getting a different story from each) then I’ll eventually get transferred to a line with nobody there and get disconnected . That’s what happened last time.
Im not defensive. I’m just saying that it shoots well, suppresses sound as well or better than a competitors, and by those metrics it has not been a bad suppressor. 1/2 moa and sound suppression is objectively better than a highly regarded competitor. So in my case I just can’t knock it. Sucks about your customer service experience though and that alone would steer me away.

Duh

WKR
I had a friend just buy a banish 30 as well and I'm trying to figure out why a person would buy a banish. It seams like there are other cans that do everything better. Its not the quietest, or the lightest, or the smallest, or the cheapest. Unless its just for lack of research?
It’s lack of research and marketing hype. I’ve got no shame and admitting that’s exactly what got me. I got sucked into the whole, delivery to your door and ease of purchase hype. Great learning experience and will not do business with them again.

Paid the extra tax stamp for a crappy little 22 suppressor too. In all fairness, I felt like they straight lied to me on that one. Thought I was getting the regular 22 suppressor when I talked to the sales person on the phone. Either way, I think they get a lot of first time suppressor buyers and it’s up to some of us to be smarter in the future.

Geewhiz

WKR
It’s lack of research and marketing hype. I’ve got no shame and admitting that’s exactly what got me. I got sucked into the whole, delivery to your door and ease of purchase hype. Great learning experience and will not do business with them again.

Paid the extra tax stamp for a crappy little 22 suppressor too. In all fairness, I felt like they straight lied to me on that one. Thought I was getting the regular 22 suppressor when I talked to the sales person on the phone. Either way, I think they get a lot of first time suppressor buyers and it’s up to some of us to be smarter in the future.
Seams like there are lots of folks that don't even hardly do any research before spending a somewhat significant amount of coin (and wait time) on a suppressor. Don't understand it. But I think you're right, marketing hype.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I actually like the shipping g to my door thing, it works well for me where I live. If you buy something from them other than a banish and needed warranty work you’d just go through the manufacturer and probably not have any issues.

I got suckered into the banish 30 by them too, called to ask some questions and got talked into the banish 30. I bought their regular banish 22 and actually like it more than my dead air mask 22.

How are those free 22 silencers? I havnt seen any reviews of them but lots of people must have them at this point.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Seams like there are lots of folks that don't even hardly do any research before spending a somewhat significant amount of coin (and wait time) on a suppressor. Don't understand it. But I think you're right, marketing hype.
I had listened to an interview with the SC owner on a podcast and he had mentioned that he could get any silencer a customer wanted, I didn’t know much at all and called wanting a dead air. The sales man got me with the whole…titanium, user serviceable, warranty etc etc.

In my defense I bought my banish stuff with my stimulus debit card so it was t like spending actual money right.

Duh

WKR
I actually like the shipping g to my door thing, it works well for me where I live. If you buy something from them other than a banish and needed warranty work you’d just go through the manufacturer and probably not have any issues.

I got suckered into the banish 30 by them too, called to ask some questions and got talked into the banish 30. I bought their regular banish 22 and actually like it more than my dead air mask 22.

How are those free 22 silencers? I havnt seen any reviews of them but lots of people must have them at this point.
It’s convenient, when they actually ship it instead of hanging onto it for weeks after atf approval.

I totally would have paid more for the regular 22 can if I knew I was getting their knock of version. It quiet enough shooting subsonics out of a rifle but sucked on my Ruger IV. My
Buddy has the full size banish 22 and it sounds a hell of a lot better than my 22k. One plus for the 22k is that it’s short and compact.
Definitely a truck gun beater suppressor.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It’s convenient, when they actually ship it instead of hanging onto it for weeks after atf approval.

I totally would have paid more for the regular 22 can if I knew I was getting their knock of version. It quiet enough shooting subsonics out of a rifle but sucked on my Ruger IV. My
Buddy has the full size banish 22 and it sounds a hell of a lot better than my 22k. One plus for the 22k is that it’s short and compact.
Definitely a truck gun beater suppressor.
I guess the 2 time so ordered from them weren’t that bad, things got approved and I had my stuff inside of 2 weeks. To be fair, Capitol armory is (I think) the only other place that ships them to individuals and they have to folllow the same process.

I live out in rural alaska so if I order to a shop, I need to fly to Anchorage, pick up my truck etc etc. it ends up getting expensive quickly so their business model works for me. I’m just frustrated with the support on the product I’ve received after the purchase.

I even had a rep tell me that they have been getting busier and busier so sales are taking priority over other things…great. They answer the phone on the first ring for new sales, anything else it’s being put on hold, being transferred, getting disconnected etc.

Unckebob

WKR

What did he shoot through the Nomad to cause it to gain a measurable amount of weight? Rimfire?

PLhunter

Lil-Rokslider
What did he shoot through the Nomad to cause it to gain a measurable amount of weight? Rimfire?
No rimfire also it’s not much weight but yes measurable. 90% or it’s shooting has been 6.5 creedmoor and 6.5 PRC. Some 300 blackout and of those about half subsonic.

I ended up ordering the backcountry banish because of the portability. I mobile hunt and realized if I ordered the Banish 30 I would probably never use the 9-inch configuration. I only ordered the Banish because they were doing the black friday buy 1 Banish and get a Banish 22k v2 free (just pay for the tax stamp). Also, I don't need hollywood quiet. I just need quiet enough that I shoot 1 or 2 rounds while hunting and not feel like I need or should have worn hearing protection. I've already lost enough hearing and tinnitus has been difficult to cope with.