Barrel Break-In

So, picked up a new Christensen Arms in 30/06 and I see on their website there are instructions for barrel break-in. Out of all the guns I’ve owned can’t ever remember doing this, but then again I’m old

With that said, I don’t think I can afford to shoot a couple of boxes of high end ammo just to shoot. However, I will “more than likely” reload, since that’s what I’ve been doing for years, and have several boxes of Hornady FMJ that I caught on a deal awhile back.

I don’t think there will be any harm in using these for break-in but looking for your thoughts, that is, if you have any on this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I'm not shooting 30-06 I'm in the same boat. Since the rig was new all around I need to zero the scope as well. I ended up shooting my normal ammunition for about 7 rounds to zero the scope then finished with about 20 rounds total. I stopped there, got it cleaned up at home, so I'm going to go back to the range at some point to fine tune the scope zero. It's dialed in I just want to make 100% sure it's where I want it then set the caps to 0.

I can't see you needing boxes to zero the scope and do enough shooting to get the barrel set up for your regular shooting. At best you need a box of ammunition.