BARTLEIN BARRELS CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE

WRO

WKR
Because it was about the whole poor communication experience, feeling insulted and the insinuation that I was being untruthful in spite of providing documentation. I won't do further business with a company like that. It's a shake the dust off of your feet as you leave type of deal. I wasn't going to even post anything on this...but the complete communication shut down and lack of the barrel return pushed me over a bit.

Buyers and warranty people tend to be liars in many cases. I’ve dealt with several shady warranty claims in my business from customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Frank Green, the owner at Bartlein, made a post about +P chambers and how they won't warranty them and why over on the Hide.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

TaperPin

WKR
Buyers and warranty people tend to be liars in many cases. I’ve dealt with several shady warranty claims in my business from customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep - everyone wants something for nothing. I‘ve been in the room in a multi million dollar house while a client lied through their teeth that a supplier omitted a part from an order, when the replacement came in and I was asked for both to be installed I called them out and said it makes me look like a thief and I’ll either return it for her or she can pay them.

TaperPin

WKR
I'm not grieving. I've replaced lots of barrels over the years and they ALL up until this one, have provided good/normal life. My biggest issue in this whole thing has been the customer service. You mentioned other barrel manufacturers...I have a local buddy who was just sharing his experience with another barrel manufacturer. He had a RUM as well that he admittedly did not keep a round count on and suspected that "it died too soon". At the same time telling me that it probably had 800-900 rounds through it. That manufacturer received the barrel for inspection, commented that it looked to have a lot of mileage but went ahead and cranked out a replacement for my buddy anyway. That's to the opposite extreme, obviously. But guess what, he's a customer for life and tells the rest of the guys in the shooting group how good his experience was and that's most likely the company I'll use on this next go around. I guess when a company gets to a certain size with massive backlog, the CS can go away.
Your friend is a thief. That’s called fraud. What it did was tell his buddies how he complained and said his barrel didn’t have many rounds through it and he got a new barrel.

Frank Green, the owner at Bartlein, made a post about +P chambers and how they won't warranty them and why over on the Hide.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Looks like that SH post by Frank was on the same day they communicated their stance to the OP.

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Your friend is a thief. That’s called fraud. What it did was tell his buddies how he complained and said his barrel didn’t have many rounds through it and he got a new barrel.
Simmer down. I don't disagree that it was wrong, I couldn't sleep at night if I tried something like that. I simply used it as an EXTREME example of customer service.

BBob

WKR
Exclusions to warranties should be clearly stated and visible (or linked to) at point of purchase. Change my mind.
The warranty doesn’t specifically call out +P but this probably covers it:

This warranty shall be null and void and without force or effect hereunder as to any defect in the Products which arises from normal wear and tear, any neglect or other improper use, repair, negligence, excessive use, modification or integration of the Products with or into another third-party product, as determined in Bartlein’s sole discretion.

atmat

WKR
The warranty doesn’t specifically call out +P but this probably covers it:

This warranty shall be null and void and without force or effect hereunder as to any defect in the Products which arises from normal wear and tear, any neglect or other improper use, repair, negligence, excessive use, modification or integration of the Products with or into another third-party product, as determined in Bartlein’s sole discretion.

That language falls into the “unclear.”

And I’m not certain it’s relevant anyway. His barrel wasn’t a prefit, so it had to be chambered anyway by a smith. OP just had it chambered +p.

If you’re going to deny +p, you need to state that.

BBob

WKR
Unclear but clear. How do you write a warranty that covers every conceivable use or product used in conjunction with that product? Should I call Frank and ask him for a new barrel because I chose to use a really hot loaded 300WM with N570 and 215's which I smoked in less than 500 rounds? Hell no, that's on me :)

WKR

WKR
All I know is I have a bartlein blank that I am still after this thread, sending in for a plus p chamber. And I already know that of it doesn't work out its totally on me. Albeit its a much smaller case capacity cartridge and not an overbore magnum.

I'm hoping I get good barrel and throat life but if I don't it was my experiment that I commissioned.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
The bigger question is the 400MOD just
marketing hype or is it to hard for magnums using high temp powders. Can I cook one using 570 in a standard 300 RUM?

@Frank Green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TaperPin

WKR
Simmer down. I don't disagree that it was wrong, I couldn't sleep at night if I tried something like that. I simply used it as an EXTREME example of customer service.
That’s not customer service - they were screwed by your friend. He might as well walked into their shop and took a barrel without anyone knowing.

That language falls into the “unclear.”

And I’m not certain it’s relevant anyway. His barrel wasn’t a prefit, so it had to be chambered anyway by a smith. OP just had it chambered +p.

If you’re going to deny +p, you need to state that.
It's on our paperwork that wildcat chambers we will not warranty stuff like that. Have we warrantied things that we probably shouldn't have. Yes. We try and help where and whenever we can.

That was done before even the +P stuff was around. There is no way we can be ahead of every curve and new design etc... to keep updating it.