Bass Pro Shop buys Sportsman’s Warehouse

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Scheels ownership has down home family values. They really support conservation. I have had great service as a customer and my organization as a recipient of their charity. Great service inside their stores.

whaack

WKR
Total garbage. Stopped going to BP/Cabelas years ago.

Local shops and Lancasters is all I use for my gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

default22

FNG
I have a BPS, Cabelas and 3 Sportsmans in my area and they are now one big happy family, interesting......

SW is my go to.
Close to SW and Cabelas. Cabelas went to shit real fast after BP took over.
For the love of god leave SW as is.
This is worse than COVID-19.

Agree. I loved Cabelas. Redhead has been pretty poor quality from my experience but I like Cabelas branded stuff. I liked sportsman’s also, bought my Tikka super lite from there at a great price. But now it will likely be more branded BPS garbage. Oh well, we will continue to buy quality from else where instead of poor quality. Probably won’t change much as they will still sell a crap ton of items at low cost and continue to buy up different outfits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
All big outdoor stores will now be turned to Cooperate America entities, is very disappointing news.
Most of my shopping is already online. I rarely even consider Cabalas/BP unless i'm in dire need. Guess you can add SW to that list. the few remaining small businesses will get my retail.

Sportsman's Warehouse, from January to October, had their sales increase 61%. If this isn't a clear message to BPS to leave SW as is they deserve to go under.

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Man what a bummer. Same as everyone here, cabelas was ruined after the acquisition. I exchanged some cabelas brand waders before duck season, employee told me to do it while I can, the forever return policy is officially cut off for cabelas brand gear starting...like now. The employee continued to say that all employees are quitting and going to scheels, and being replaced by gas station attendants. Sportsman’s is the closest to my house, what a loss it will be when they replace the reloading dept with the “sunglass outfitter” department. I’m sure there is nowhere else to buy those in town 🤦🏻‍♂️

highstepper

Lil-Rokslider
I am old enough to remember when Cabelas had a really good selection of quality gear at a reasonable price. They had started to slide before Bass Pro got hold of them, but that surely accelerated the descent. When even the Cabela's stores in South Dakota were thin on decent gear I saw the writing on the wall. It's gotten to the point where the only option is Sportsmen's in my part of the South. Now BP has bought them... horrible news. If you don't have time to order it over the net, you're screwed. I have exactly one Redhead item that was ever worth a crap- a pair of upland boots that they made for like one year. Probably screwed up and only had a 70% margin so they discontinued them. Wish there was a Scheel's down here, because I'm sure Bass Pro will strangle Sportsman's Warehouse and then compete with Academy Sports in a race to the bottom of the heap. Low prices and even lower quality and service. Bad news for serious outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen.