Beaver Jungle GMU 53

bsshaver

FNG
anybody have any knowledge of beaver jungle area in GMU 53? I've hunted the West Elk Wilderness for 15 years and usually hunt 400 yds off road and see bulls every year. I want to pack in before I'm too old (hope I'm not already there) and I'm going in this year.

If you have any knowledge please share, ie Elk population, terrain, human population ect..

I will hunt 1st Archery. Gonna be warm and bright. I always have success 1st week. The animals are usually still in a steady feeding pattern and not too leery of humans.....though some years the rut has come early.

Thank you for your input.

sasquatch

WKR
you can TEXT me at 5046138344.

my first elk hunt I camped at sams peak and hunted that area. I can tell you that you sure wont be alone and that's a serious pack out if you kill. Also from what your success seems to be already I wouldn't change.

Time to revive this thread!

I've been e-scouting and working my ass off (40# down) at the gym to hunt this area first week. We plan on walking a couple days before season opener to scout. Anyone spend some time on South Sheep Mountain? Care to share camp locations/glassing spits?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk