Bedding Defiance Anti

If you leave the mag well open, as you clean up in the initial bedding process you can clean that up as well. I’m not familiar with your action and won’t comment on that, but I personally use plumbers putty if I need to fill in a void. If it’s small I’ll pack the shoe polish in and pick it out later. I’ve used play do, and it rusted a savage action over night.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
If you leave the mag well open, as you clean up in the initial bedding process you can clean that up as well. I’m not familiar with your action and won’t comment on that, but I personally use plumbers putty if I need to fill in a void. If it’s small I’ll pack the shoe polish in and pick it out later. I’ve used play do, and it rusted a savage action over night.
I use plastilina clay. No play doh for me, salty bad ju-ju. Yes, I’ve done it leaving the mag well open too and prefer the clay. I’d rather clean up clay than have excess grinding. I don’t have access to a mill.

Last edited:
I use plasticina clay. No play doh for me, salty bad ju-ju. Yes, I’ve done it leaving the mag well open too and prefer the clay. I’d rather clean up clay than have excess grinding. I don’t have access to a mill.
I’m not using a mill. Just q tips. If you’ll dab them in hoppes it’ll clean the bedding material right up. Once I get the action set in the stock, it takes a few minutes to wipe up the access, but when you pop it out there’s minimal cleanup left to do.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m not using a mill. Just q tips. If you’ll dab them in hoppes it’ll clean the bedding material right up. Once I get the action set in the stock, it takes a few minutes to wipe up the access, but when you pop it out there’s minimal cleanup left to do.
I do the same on the outside perimeter of the action. Which is why there’s no cleanup left to do on the exterior. The inside/inletting gets clay and grinding, but I’ll have to try it your way one day.

Last edited:
OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Marinetex made me a fan.

Attachments

• IMG_4995.jpeg
    IMG_4995.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 11