Benchmade altitude around neck?

Hi, leaving for my third elk hunt in a couple days and super jacked for it! Anyways, I got an altitude and love the knife. Wondering how many people hang it from their neck and if so have you ever had any problems with doing so? Seems pretty snug but would hate to have it come out somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
Was thinking it would be nice to access but that wouldn’t be a terrible idea either. Not hard to take the twist tie off

Ucsdryder

WKR
I can’t think of anything more tacticool (read stupid) than walking around the woods with a knife hanging from your neck. Why would you need that kind of access to the knife? Put it in your pack out of the way. I bet all the HUSH and BRO guys wear them around their neck, which would validate my feelings…

TxxAgg

WKR
Neck knives have been a thing for hundreds of years. But i vote put it in your pocket.

I keep my knife in my pack. Can’t imagine it being comfortable on my neck but to each their own.

I can’t think of anything more tacticool (read stupid) than walking around the woods with a knife hanging from your neck. Why would you need that kind of access to the knife? Put it in your pack out of the way. I bet all the HUSH and BRO guys wear them around their neck, which would validate my feelings…
On the YouTube I’ve seen at-least one BRO guy that does.

OP
S
I think I did see it somewhere once but thought it might be handy. I carry a pocket knife every day but thought of leaving that at home so I don’t lose it and didn’t really think I needed another knife with as I have a couple already. I will just stick with the pocket.

sndmn11

WKR
Does your bino harness have a pouch on the body side?
Or can you put Velcro on the altitude sheath and put it inside the bino compartment?

OP
S
Does your bino harness have a pouch on the body side?
Or can you put Velcro on the altitude sheath and put it inside the bino compartment?

Fairly small pockets. I have the stone glacier bino harness. I could see what I could come up with there. Thanks

OP
S
I would be more than happy to to tag along with any of you seasoned veterans and learn that way instead! Lol

I would be more than happy to to tag along with any of you seasoned veterans and learn that way instead! Lol

Just get a clip for the sheath and attach it to whatever you want wherever you want...I know they are discontinued but somebody makes a clip that will work on that sheath.

Last edited:

Flaboy

Lil-Rokslider
For me, the Altitude is a little too big for neck carry. I usually carry a Benchmade Follow-Up as a neck knife but I believe those are discontinued.