Bent scope??? Anyone?

ja4wheel6

FNG
Has anyone ever bent a scope? New Arken Scope on buddies .308, new warne 20moa rail, vortex pro rings.

Right after install, leaned gun up against wall and son bumped it and it fell over and landed on my hardwood floors.

Went to shoot yesterday. Cant adjust scope far enough left. Maxed out bullets were still 24" off at 100. Switched back to old rail, can get it to impact correctly. But the scope adjustment is close to being maxed out.

Any ideas

MThuntr

WKR
Probably knocked the erector off more so than bent. That might take a lot more energy than falling over. Contact Arken and cash in on their warranty.

blkqi

WKR
I can not make someone else's budget for them. It was either an arken or vortex diamondback.
Well I would try another scope just to rule out another component being the issue.

Then send the Arken back to Amazon and get your buddy an SWFA. One man's opinion.

After knocking it out of adjustment that much, there's no more trusting that scope even if you could get it back to zero.

Well I would try another scope just to rule out another component being the issue.
Also this.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I start from the ground up, cause it is easy for me to jump to conclusions and chase my tail too much. It very well could be the scope and the fall.

A possibility I would consider is that the scope mount holes are drilled off center. The total errors might stack too much into one combo so you can't adjust, but less in another combo.

Vern400

WKR
I dropped my rifle 25 feet. There was a dent on the objective housing. I sent the scope in for repair and explained I bought it 5 months ago and liked the scope. I would pay to fix it.

Got a hand written note a week later with a new scope.
Dear Mr...
Thank you for using Leupold.
Nancy

Maybe Arken will do that too.

Unckebob

WKR
I dropped my rifle 25 feet. There was a dent on the objective housing. I sent the scope in for repair and explained I bought it 5 months ago and liked the scope. I would pay to fix it.

Got a hand written note a week later with a new scope.
Dear Mr...
Thank you for using Leupold.
Nancy

Maybe Arken will do that too.

You really do get what you pay for.

I knocked my Leupold scope off my bench and it landed front objective first on a concrete floor. I would not consider the slightly bent objective housing a QC issue. Everything seemed to be ok so I mounted the scope.

If things aren't rIght, I know Leupold will take care of fixing/replacing it despite the obvious fact that I dropped it.