Bergara B14 Ridge, 300 Win Mag

Morning Folks,
I am kicking around putting a nice stock or chassis on my bergara 300 win mag. I’ve done a lot of precision load testing with 5 different bullets and 4 powders. My best groups are still 1.0-1.5. Weight is only a slight issue. I’d prefer to keep it under 15 lbs for the whole set up. Does anyone have an opinion on a chassis or stock for the Bergaras? Preferably under $600. I am leaning towards a chassis just due to ease of installing the barreled action.

Reactions: XLR

Tberg

Lil-Rokslider
Get it bedded! Both my brother and I had the same issues with our HMR Wilderness 300wm. Had both rifles bedded and now both shoot cloverleaf groups.

OP
WYhuntshoot
15 lbs? Are you planning on carrying that in the mountains?
I used it the last three years with the factory stock and shot 5 elk with the gun. It is currently 10.5 lbs. I have other rifles to use when I’m concerned about weight.

It’s just my mindset. I’ve never had the luxury of hunting elk or mulies for that matter, where you can just drive around and see bulls. For me it’s always involved a lot of steep hill climbing. By the end of a long day, I hate my rifle even though it only weighs 7 1/2 pounds. I also hate my pack and hunting in general😉. Dinner and a shot of scotch, and I’m good to go again.

OP
WYhuntshoot
It’s just my mindset. I’ve never had the luxury of hunting elk or mulies for that matter, where you can just drive around and see bulls. For me it’s always involved a lot of steep hill climbing. By the end of a long day, I hate my rifle even though it only weighs 7 1/2 pounds. I also hate my pack and hunting in general😉. Dinner and a shot of scotch, and I’m good to go again.
Yep I have light rifles for the 10 mile days.

BHanson

FNG
I have a B14 Ridge in 300WM also. With 190gr VLD Bergers and H4831 I get consistent 0.6” three shot groups. I have mine sitting in a KRG Bravo with a 4-24 VX6 and it weighs in at 10.6 lbs. I have an AG chalk branch stock coming for it soon just to be more of a hunting looking rifle. D8163017-2EAE-404C-A3E6-57064DC2A453.jpeg