Bergara Barrel Break-In?

BCD

WKR
I finally got a couple of boxes of ammo for my new B14 Wilderness Ridge in 308 and am planning on shooting it in the next couple of days. For those of you that believe in barrel-break-in, what is your recommended process and what solvent do you use?

Thank you!

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I just did what was on Bergara's website. I think its clean after every shot for 5-10 shots, then every 5 for 20 more. Something like that. A buddy of mine didn't break his in at all and it still shoots lights out. I do break-in periods because it is recommended by some manufactures. Does it make a difference..... maybe. My buddy who I shoot with is a swat sniper and he never does a break-in.. We both may be right and both be wrong. Who knows.

Reactions: BCD

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I have a buddy that shoots a ton of PRS matches, and I use his method. I run a patch through the new barrel first just to make sure it starts clean. Shoot 2 rounds. Clean all the copper out with Sweets and a mix of Kroil and OG Hoppes. Then bang away. I asked Glenn Seekins once about barrel break in, and he told me to just shoot it.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
I just did what was on Bergara's website. I think its clean after every shot for 5-10 shots, then every 5 for 20 more. Something like that. A buddy of mine didn't break his in at all and it still shoots lights out. I do break-in periods because it is recommended by some manufactures. Does it make a difference..... maybe. My buddy who I shoot with is a swat sniper and he never does a break-in.. We both may be right and both be wrong. Who knows.
What solvent do yo use?

Thanks!

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
What solvent do yo use?

Thanks!
I will check that when I get home. Due to the lack of shooting the last 2 years I have been conserving ammo and in turn not cleaning much. I will get with you on that one.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I have a buddy that shoots a ton of PRS matches, and I use his method. I run a patch through the new barrel first just to make sure it starts clean. Shoot 2 rounds. Clean all the copper out with Sweets and a mix of Kroil and OG Hoppes. Then bang away. I asked Glenn Seekins once about barrel break in, and he told me to just shoot it.
I have noticed a lot of barrel makers say that as well. I know that bartlien says the same thing with their barrels

ChrisAU

WKR
The first 5 shots out of my Bergara B14 Ridge 6.5 PRC were one ragged hole at 100 yards. I didn't touch it, before or after. The next 30 rounds were just as good, but I was trying different ammo and shooting at different distances.

jfs82

WKR
Much like ChrisAU, my Bergara's first 5 shots after zeroing were .44 MOA, I've never done a thing to the barrel.