Bergers vs. Noslers on Elk - 7mm Rem Mag

Mag_7s

WKR
Thanks for sharing. I'm a fan of Berger and .284s in general. Despite how controversial they are, Bergers have never failed me.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I loaded 175gr Partitions and Swift A-frames for years in my 7mag, and they always did their job. Ya, I've put multiple shots into bulls a few times. The only thing I don't like about the Bergers is the lead grenading into all the meat up front.......but that's also exactly why those bulls are dropping so fast too. But as for consistency and accuracy, the Bergers are great.

OP
f16jack

f16jack

WKR
The only bullet I've put into a quarter was this year, and that was due to a baffle strike on my suppressor. I have no idea if the bullet was flying sideways when it hit the elk. All the other shots (Berger and Nosler) were into the heart/lung. No issue with meat damage. You saw the difference in the video.

I know a lot of guys are using Bergers. Does anyone have a place they can find reloading bullets in Stock? It seems like everywhere I look the Bergers are all sold out or on Backorder. Just wondering.

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
I know a lot of guys are using Bergers. Does anyone have a place they can find reloading bullets in Stock? It seems like everywhere I look the Bergers are all sold out or on Backorder. Just wondering.
I’ll send you a PM

Savagenut

WKR
Bullet selection is built around worst case scenario for me. I want a bullet that will perform on the shoulder or behind the shoulder. Really hard to beat an accubond for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
f16jack

f16jack

WKR
Bullet selection is built around worst case scenario for me. I want a bullet that will perform on the shoulder or behind the shoulder. Really hard to beat an accubond for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never aimed at the shoulder, but in another thread there's a guy who uses Bergers intentionally into the shoulder and the elk go down every time. Perhaps a lot of wasted meat, but the elk is still dead. I don't know performance of the Berger into shoulder vs. heart/lung.

ianpadron

WKR
I love the DRT effect of a well placed Berger bullet. 140 grain Classic Hunters out of my 270 WSM have been hell on deer the past few years. Not even a twitch.

WKR
Son's friend shot a nice 6x6 bull at around 170 yards right on the shoulder last fall. 140 vld put the lights out immediately from a 6.5x47. Not surprised as it happens over and over on deer, bear, antelope, mtn goat, etc.