Best 2-10 MOA Hunting Scope for the money?

I’ve stated in another post here that I was interested in the Leupolds and I am, but now I’m curious as to whether or not there are better scopes for the money?

Most of my hunting will be with my Model 70 Super Grade in .270 (God willing I can even find one)

Also, are the VX5HDs even reliable? I’ve heard tons of opinions online regarding them not being able to hold zero well and that’s a bit spooky for a $1k optic

OP
H
I’m a new hunter but just want something for years that I can grow into. Want something reliable and honest.

God bless you all and thank you for your help!

z987k

WKR
I’ve stated in another post here that I was interested in the Leupolds and I am, but now I’m curious as to whether or not there are better scopes for the money?

Most of my hunting will be with my Model 70 Super Grade in .270 (God willing I can even find one)

Also, are the VX5HDs even reliable? I’ve heard tons of opinions online regarding them not being able to hold zero well and that’s a bit spooky for a $1k optic
I don't think you'll find much love for leupold on this site.

If you're willing to spend 1k, go for this. https://mavenbuilt.com/products/rs1-2-2-5-15x44-ffp
Or hold out for a used NF 2.5-10x42.
Another good option is a trijicon credo hx. They've got 2.5-10's. Euro optic has the best prices on those.

nobody

WKR
Nightforce SHV 3-10 or NXS 2.5-10 are at the top of the list by a good margin.
Trijicon Ascent 3-12 fits the bill, though I’ve never even heard of one until just now. But given that it’s a Trijicon I would consider it.

Other than that, a SFP MOA hunting scope is a hard sell around here and isn’t in as high of demand for most ‘sliders, so I’m not sure what else to recommend.

I’ve owned 2 VX5HD’s, you couldn’t gift me another one. They were horrible. I’m done with Gold Ring until they admit their short comings and start building optics that don’t do the “Leupold Shuffle” every time you site in, and that don’t wander zero inside a 2 MOA radius of where you last left them.

KU_Geo

WKR
The 2-10 range I’d discus inn the nightforce Nxs 2-10x42, nightforce SHV, leupold vx5hd, or tract Toric. I’ve had all 4 of these and still use the NXS and tract scopes for most of my hunting.