best 8x lightweight binos?

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
One spot we backpack hunt is mostly timber or old burns and we have a small spotting scope for the bigger views. I'd like to get something small and lightweight for still hunting through those burns. What do you guys like for small and lightweight? And cheap...I want to stay under $300

THanks

oenanthe

WKR
Nikon Monarch 7 8x30. You can get them pretty regularly for 25% off at LL Bean.

They're better optically than anything that's lighter, and they're lighter than anything that's better optically.

Try them out first if possible, some people do not like the ergonomics. I'm pretty happy with my pair.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We just brought in some product on a deal from Steiner and I think the #2022 XC 8x32 Binocular for only $279.99 reduced from $459.99 would be perfect for you

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
I sent in 2 binos in for repair to leupold. One was an old pair of cascade 8x. They ended up sending me a brand new pair of bx2 alpine 8x. I was blown away by how bright and clear they were. Crazy thing is they arent even considered HD. But they are really nice glass. Nice thing is the ocular glass is pretty large too. I hate when the exit pupil is real tiny on cheap binos and this was not the case. Way better option imo then the diamond backs. Another good option would be buy a pair of refurbed vortex viper 8x. They are $300

kad11

WKR
Sightron blue sky or consider some of the $80-100 6x porro prisms if you want to fully commit to the still hunting/ timber ninja approach😀

I have a pair of Maven C.2 7x28s and am extremely impressed with them for the $200 price tag!!!

OP
Odell

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Sightron blue sky or consider some of the $80-100 6x porro prisms if you want to fully commit to the still hunting/ timber ninja approach😀
It seems like we find more and better deer hunting this way. It can be tough though when you bust a big one out and never see him again

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Go used, I got Zeiss conquest 8x42s for not a whole lot more than your budget.

Also, lightweight is cool but I don’t think optics is the place to shave weight unless you have something excessively heavy.

The Sightron didnt control stray light well enough for me. Other than that a pretty good deal. I ended up with a now unavailable Leupold mojave 8x32.

Vanguard Endeavor, they come in the standard, II, and IV, which I believe is just representative of the age of the design, but they all have amazingly clear optics. I have Swaro EL binos, and my daughter and girlfriend both have the Vanguards, I have to say I'm still surprised how clear they are when I look through them. Do some research on the bird watching forums or other sites and shop around, they can be had for a very reasonable price.

It’s slightly more than what you want but I love my maven b3 8x30. Someone has a used pair on AT that’s very close to your budget

kad11

WKR
It seems like we find more and better deer hunting this way. It can be tough though when you bust a big one out and never see him again

I love still hunting and tracking through the timber. I honestly think the Kowa or Leupold 6x porros would be tough to beat for pure close quarters still hunting. The depth of field and 3d image would be really helpful...