Best beer in your state

LostArra

WKR
Oklahoma:
Coop or Cabin Boys for reliable craft brews with nothing too overly trendy or gimmicky

Roughtail does nice hoppy beers both traditional IPAs and the new hazy juicy stuff plus some fairly wild darker brews.

Prairie Artisan Ales for the avant garde of beers with very cool can labels. :cool:

I'm a homebrewer and I like to learn about beer flavors or styles from the pros then brew it myself if I like it. I usually won't buy a craft beer that keeps the ingredients a secret. The masters of craft beer like Deschutes, Sierra Nevada or Bell's list malts and hops and even post the home brew recipe of a lot of their beers. Bell's has a home brew store and sells ingredient kits of some of their beers including the flagship, Two Hearted Ale.

Last edited:
I’m not a Wisconsin native, resident, or routine visitor. However, I passed through there a few times and don’t know if I ever tasted a better been than this...

5ec103bb07424f8f6ae870e87bdd7b20.jpg

I am originally from PA however and concur with Yuengling. Been doing it the same way for 191 years and there isn’t anything quite like it on a hot day.
I always make it a point to get some New Glarus when I'm up that way. If you haven't yet, give their Moon Man a try. My preferred beer out of their lineup with spotted cow right behind

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

woodson

FNG
Also from MO. St. Louis. We drink a lot of bud light and for micro brews it’s Schlafly and Urban Chestnut for us. We don’t drink the hoppy IPA beers so bud light is the go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love Urban Chestnut, it’s just too far for me to go regularly as a Westsider to make my top 3. Crown Valley in Ste. Genevieve, Tin Mill in Hermann, and Public House in St. James are awesome too.

NoLi or Old Schoolhouse in WA; Ninkasi in OR; Melvin in WY; Big Sky in MT; Silver Gulch in AK.

I move/travel around a lot and have three kids, so drink a lot of beer 😂

Tag_Soup

WKR
Oh man...the decisions!

I'm from idaho but lived in the beer mecca of the portland/vancouver area half a decade working as a brewery engineer and have a brother who was a micro brewery manager for ABi so Ive been blessed to try more than my fair share!

For Idaho I like to claim 10 Barrel "Pray for Snow" since it was developed at the test brewery there (brewed by AB so not really a true micro)... Wallace Brewing "1910 Black Lager" is pretty awesome. "Bent Shaft Double IPA" from Powderhaus may be the best hoppy IPA in the state...
CO: Pretty hard to beat Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
OR: Could have 10 favorites but the Cascade Lakes "20 inch brown" is my top brown ale and Portland Brewing "Raise the Roof" is my all time favorite Red Ale
MT: Kettle House "Cold Smoke" Scotch Ale (maybe my all time favorite canned beer)
CA: Mother Earth "Cali Cream Ale"
WA: If you can find it, Freemont Brewing "Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star" is a hell of an oatmeal stout

Oregon

WKR
-Crux: Gimme Mo and Flashcards White IPA
-Pelican: Oyster Stout and Kiwanda
-Boneyard: RPM IPA
-Fort George: Vortex IPA
-10 Barrel: Hazy Trail
-Terminal Gravity: Eagle Cap IPA

I also really enjoyed a hazy called Deer Hugger from Spider City. Was my favorite beer from my Bend trip this weekend. That city has so many good breweries. I pretty much like all beer...

Oregon truly has way too many choices.
Fort George Vortex is fantastic. Astoria, Or.
But, the best IPA in Astoria is this:
82394019-8A74-4AF0-9567-8FC06032C512.jpeg
You mentioned Pelican. My home town beer. Not a big fan after they got rid of the Doryman Ale

Fellow Oregonian- and I agree that Buoy is the best IPA in Astoria, but FT George isn't far behind. Since Corona-cation started in March, I've only bought Oregon beers, and I've tried to avoid the ABi / MolsonCoors subsidiaries hiding in micro clothes.

Repeat buys:
Ex Novo Eliot
Pelican Brewing Our Dankest Hour and Hazy Rock
Block 15 IPA (with the hardhat diver on the can)
Buoy (of course)
Deschutes (any kind generally)

Oregon

WKR
Fellow Oregonian- and I agree that Buoy is the best IPA in Astoria, but FT George isn't far behind. Since Corona-cation started in March, I've only bought Oregon beers, and I've tried to avoid the ABi / MolsonCoors subsidiaries hiding in micro clothes.

Repeat buys:
Ex Novo Eliot
Pelican Brewing Our Dankest Hour and Hazy Rock
Block 15 IPA (with the hardhat diver on the can)
Buoy (of course)
Deschutes (any kind generally)

Let me clue you in on a little slice of Heaven.
Werner’s meat in Tillamook. They do jerky and summer sausage. Sold throughout the country in 7-11’s and Circle K’s.
The son opened up a brew pub in a corner of the meat processing plant. Cheap great food and phenomenal beer on tap.
He makes 3 beers. A blonde, a brown and the most absolute scrumptious IPA on the planet.
Trask Mtn IPA.
If your ever in Tillamook, it is a must stop place for lunch.
Werners beef and brew.

slvrslngr

WKR
Since I have 2 family members that work for Pelican, I’m a bit biased, but they do produce some fantastic beers. The original India Pelican Ale was my favorite with Dorymans a close second and the Tsunami stout neck and neck with both. I also like the Beak Bender IPA and Hazy Rock. Other breweries I like are Bouy and Fort George, as well as Pfreim and Crux. Truth is there are so many good breweries in Oregon that it’s pretty hard to choose just one. Not a bad problem to have. 🍻😁

Unclecroc

FNG
I’m in pa and I really like Lancaster Brewing Co especially their double chocolate milk stout. I also am a big fan of Straub brewing in st marys.

Vids

WKR
MN- Surley. I love their Furious, Hell, and my favorite is Todd the Axeman.
I'm originally from MN, moved before Surly started up. So glad they distribute to CO now. Was introduced to Furious in 2013 while on a MN deer hunt. After that I would hoard Surly when I'd make my biannual turkey and deer hunting trips in NE and IL, when they only distributed out to NE. I would spend more on the beer I was bringing back than the gas!

Todd and Furious are staples in my fridge. I also love One Man Mosh Pit, Cynic, Wet, and Magic Formula for World Peace was a great one too. Whenever I can find them, Pentagram and Darkness are always a purchase. They just don't make a bad beer.

Backyard

WKR
With 195+ craft beer brewers in MN it's hard to choose just one. But I'm kinda partial to Hooksetter NEIPA from Uncommon Loon. And JMHO, Surley is way over rated.