Best Binocular Harness/Case

Wondering what everyone is experiencing with some of the different brands. Some that I am looking at are the Sitka, Kuiu, and Badlands.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have tried every single harness out there - my favorite by quite a bit is the KUIU Pro. The Badlands is my next favorite. I do not like harnesses with a flip back lid - I prefer flip forward. The Kuiu checks all the boxes for me , its not heavy, fully adjustable, plus has two different style rangerfinder pouches you can attach, and has a neat accessory pocket that you can velco to the bottom for a headlamp, calls etc.

I didn't care for the FHF I have. It's pretty noisy. I use tha Adak now and its ok. If i get another it'll probably be a kuiu.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’ve used both the Alaskan guide and FHF ones. I keep coming back to the FHF one due to less bulk, but the Alaskan guide has a bit more coverage. I prefer the Alaskan guide harness though. Someone mentioned the FHF might be loud. Washing it might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Give the Adak a look. I've used Kuiu, Badlands, AGC. Kuiu, eh ok. Badlands, great until that lid snapped closed and spooked a deer I was stalking (part my fault, but I'm not anti-magnetic closure). AGC, bomber. Great coverage, seals up the optics nicely. Adak, light, flip forward (which I now prefer). I do wish it had a small pocket on the back like the AGC. The new Sitka has peaked my interest.

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I ran a Badlands harness for about 5 years. The magnets were a little too noisy for my liking and my binoculars would fall out when stalking unless I closed the case every time. When shopping for a new case, I personally was not impressed with the FHF given all the high praise and its price point. The AGC was nice but couldn't get used to the lid for one handed use. Went with the Kuiu plus the accessory pouch and I am very happy.

I have tried many of the harnesses out there and my favorite is the Kuiu. I backpack hunt and horseback hunt. The harness protects the glass and keeps it from bouncing when on horseback. I like how adjustable it is as well. Hope that helps.

Bockja

FNG
I too prefer the Kuiu, either the standard or pro versions. They are simple and just work the way I want them to.

I just purchased a badlands BinoXR as I wanted something to put my RF in as well. Didn’t mind wearing a separate pouch for the RF but the Kuiu pro utilizes Velcro underneath the main case to hold the RF pouch. Not a fan of that. Didn’t see any other configurations on the Kuiu pro to attach the RF pouch like the Adak, AGC or others allow.
The badlands XR has a separate opening on the bottom of the bag to carry a RF within. plus the badlands has some zippered side pouches plus a zippered pocket in the back with a built in weather bag to cover (if driving on a dusty road or pouring rain or something) as well as a few sleeve type storage areas in it to help organize gear.
I am sure I will be annoyed at times with the magnet noise, but honestly if you are close enough to have an animal hear the closure you need to be paying more attention to movement and I would probably be very slowly closing the case to ensure the animal isn’t spooked by my movement. In my
Mind there is no perfect case for everyone, just depends how you want to use something and what you need it to do for you.

cwb1975

Lil-Rokslider
I have a marsupial gear and an agc cub max. I like the extra pockets on agc. Think ill sell the marsupial gear

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Def need to check out FFD’s bino harness. Nothing like it on the market-

I had an older model badlands about 4 years ago, but got rid of it because the magnet would always loudly snap closed, no matter how careful I was. I switched to an AGC KISS, and have been really happy with it. It's low profile and stays tight on my chest.

mlgc20

WKR
I’ve been running an AGC harness for the past couple of years. It’s one of my few pieces of gear that isn’t constantly on the chopping block.

PNWDAN

FNG
I have been using a FHF bino harness for a couple years now. I really like how it fits and the small pockets that are on it. FHF definitely builds quality products. The lining material is kinda loud but I think they might have changed that? I am also not crazy about the flap operation when trying to use it with one hand.

One more happy AGC user here. It carries all 17 small little items I like to keep accessible and not lose track of.

406unltd

WKR
I only own two but the AGC kodiak cub, and Sitka mtn harnesses have been awesome. I highly suggest both.

I have ran the badlands and Sitka in the past. Loved the badlands, just hated having the aggressive magnet slam shut when on a stalk. At the time I felt the Sitka one was poorly designed and took a lot of effort to get my 10x42 binos out. Currently I’m using the AGC kodiak cub and really like it. It maybe a bit bulkier than others but I like the function of it and small pockets on it. My range finder fits perfectly in the front pocket of it. Might look at upgrading it at some point but for now I’m happy with it.