Best Binocular Harness

Stone Glacier Skyline

* Harness stays put
* The pack is slim
* No magnets
* Fully enclosed
* Forward opening lid
* Made in USA
Have you ever used a marsupial gear harness? If so how did it compare? I currently run the open sided marsupial and need a full enclosure. I'm trying to decide between the new no-mag marsupial and the SG.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a SG last summer and used it all season. I really like it. Its quiet, protected my stuff and I can open it with one hand. Its a nice and tidy package. Another nice feature is that the lid does not flop around when it is open

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever used a marsupial gear harness? If so how did it compare? I currently run the open sided marsupial and need a full enclosure. I'm trying to decide between the new no-mag marsupial and the SG.

I've used both, I thought the Marsupial was much easier to open/close. The SG takes some practice and isn't as smooth. I am currently running the SG harness since I dislike magnets, but I do miss the Marsupial sometimes.

I've used both, I thought the Marsupial was much easier to open/close. The SG takes some practice and isn't as smooth. I am currently running the SG harness since I dislike magnets, but I do miss the Marsupial sometimes.
Thanks man! Marsupial makes a no-mag version now which is what I'm looking at.

The weight savings of the SG is what really speaks to me. If marsupial just made a "no-mag light" it wouldn't even be a question. With a Glock 20 in a Razco attached to my harness any weight savings is welcome.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks man! Marsupial makes a no-mag version now which is what I'm looking at.

The weight savings of the SG is what really speaks to me. If marsupial just made a "no-mag light" it wouldn't even be a question. With a Glock 20 in a Razco attached to my harness any weight savings is welcome.

Oh shoot, I didn't know Marsupial has a no-mag version now. I'll have to try that out. I would've jumped on that a year ago, but I have grown to love the minimalist approach of the SG so maybe I'm happy with my current setup.

satchamo

WKR
I just upgraded to marsupial from AGC as mine has developed a loud squeak. So loud a buck heard it at 150 yards a few weeks ago and stopped and stared at me. That was the final straw.

Marsupial is better in every way - I love the fact that I can flip the lids open and out of the way once I’m setup to hunt for quick access.

Also small but huge difference is using the strap lock buckles similar to kifaru so nothing moves once you adjust it. I had to add clips to my agc to keep the straps from sliding.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
Decisions, decisions....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

satchamo

WKR
Maybe I’m missing something here but what is everyone’s issue with the magnets on the marsupial? I think it’s my favorite part.

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried the OV, Kuiu, AGC, marsupial, and stone glacier. I love the size of the Stone Glacier but the straps are awful and it had way to much velcro for my liking. I found the marsupial a little loud and bulky. I keep going back to the kuiu harness. If anyone is interested in buying a marsupial gear harness I have a very lightly used one.

Twerre87

FNG
Good morning everyone,

What is the best bino harness for the swaro el 8.5x42? I am liking for something like the marsupial that opens same direction. I currently running the AGC Max and seems too short and squeaks pulling binos out. It would be nice if slimmer and still had some org pockets. I use for treestand/saddle and out west. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I picked up the Marsupials for my Ziess 10x42 rf and I really like them.

ChrisAU

WKR
I feel like I've tried them all, and this is my overall thoughts. I'll start with the 3 I currently own. I haven't found a perfect one.

1 - Non-Magnetic Marsupial - My current overall favorite. I don't like magnets, I've had them interfere with a compass both in the East whitetail hunting and out West elk/antelope hunting. One issue is the opening system renders the side pockets useless unless you stuff something all the way down in them, and even then it's hard to get to. Thankfully I don't utilize those pockets. I do wish the sides came down lower like the old version, but of course still had full enclosure with the lid. I don't think that would be a big change, I don't like reaching over the top compared to ones that allow side access for your hands. I've also modified it to use their buckle deletes on both top straps and one side, and replaced the remaining buckle with a G-Hook.

2 - Outdoor Vision Ridgetop - This would be my overall favorite if not for the magnets. I like having the side access to the binos (their RF holder is also my overall magnetic favorite for this reason) and also the front "tray" the lid becomes when stand hunting. Built in rain fly is nice too. I still use this one a lot whitetail hunting if navigation isn't part of my day.

3 - AGC CUB MAX - I like this one for extended hunts for its ability to become a chest rig. Tons of storage. I've also replaced a buckle on one side with a G-Hook on this one.

Ones I've moved on from:

1 - Stone Glacier Skyline - Great, lightweight harness. Love the adjustability, just lacks structure that I like, especially when whitetail hunting. I don't like having to fight the pouches to put my bino/RF back in its home when I'm pulling them out multiple times while in a tree.

2 - FHF Pro-M - Nice harness, but I dislike the rearward opening. Oddly, I like their RF holder even with the rearward opening lid because with it I can tuck the "flap" into the pouch and the pull tab helps elevate the RF for easy purchase with your hands when sitting in a tree.

3 - Kuiu Pro - Nice overall option, light. Limited storage. Not the easiest for me to get snug. Prefer made in USA.

4 - Magnetic Fully Enclosed & Original Marsupial - While I liked both of these, and preferred the fully enclosed version for controlling dust, the magnets combined with the reaching over the top made me move on from it.

5 - Original Sitka Harness - the zipper was a hassle, flap tended to want to stay up and get in the way.

6 - Muley Freak - actually really nice harness. Might be one of my favorites if I didn't get the Marsupial at the same time.

7 - Original Kuiu - No attachment for the top of the harness killed this for me. Constant sag.

As for ones I haven't tried:

I like T&K but holy moly talk about having to reach over the top. Can't even come in from the front. Bino bucket.

The new Sitka version is magnetic and looks big to me. I might like it if I tried it, but I haven't yet.

I'm sure I'm missing some I've tried or shunned for various reasons, but that's all I can think of right now.

DDR

FNG
Sold my T&K small. Just wasn’t right for me. Purchased an enclosed Marsupial and and holster. So much nicer for me. Had the pleasure of meeting Jim Graham (owner) and a few members of his staff at their Phoenix store. What a great bunch of folks. Jim took the time to answer many questions and get me outfitted with the right gear. Headed back in few weeks to get my son a new harness and some accessories. He really liked mine.

There are a number of options from badlands gear that are fully sealed not just covered, dust proof nearly water proof, magnetic opening. Really good for the money in my opinion and more functional then some other options available.