Best budget 0-15 degree bag

Jakerex

WKR
Outdoor vitals has some nice stuff, usually less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lando

WKR
It all depends on what you want the bag for, if truck camping go Wiggy's, if backpacking and on a budget the best bang for your buck is a down quilt, but you really need to figure out draft elimination if you go the quilt route and it takes some fiddling and practice and a wider quilt.

I am a similar size and I tried 3 bags before I ended up bitting the bullet and getting a western mountaineering sequoia MF. Not at all budget friendly but way cheaper than all the $ I lost buying and selling bags that were too tight on my shoulders.

The sequoia is plenty wide & long but it is still a 0 degree down bag that isn't much over 3 lbs.

frosty_1

FNG
The Marmot Hydrogen and Helium are really nice bags for the money. I picked up two of them last year for my kids brand new for $225 each on sale. Very nice bag for that kind of money.

Block

WKR
Like mentioned just fork it out for a nice bag of ur serious about hunting in ANYTHING cooler than a mid summer archery hunt. My REI magma 15* I think is a mid priced bag and I personally would rate it more like a 35* bag. Love it,, packs down small and is light,, but it ain’t no 15* bag.. anything cheaper and the rating just gets more and more off…

wyogoat

WKR
Sierra Designs Nitro 0 degree
I agree with this one. Best bag for the money and sign up for their alerts and they run sales regularly. I’ve had this bag for about 5 years in all kinds of conditions and it’s great. Packs small and super light with 800 fill down.

I agree with this one. Best bag for the money and sign up for their alerts and they run sales regularly. I’ve had this bag for about 5 years in all kinds of conditions and it’s great. Packs small and super light with 800 fill down.
I think it gets overlooked a lot. I want to say I picked mine up for less than $250 or somewhere around there. If you pull up the specs and put them against the higher end competitors I think most would be very surprised

You need to ask yourself down or synthetic.

If you're trying to save money, synthetic is probably the move, even though it will be less packable.

Look for the weight of insulation and test how small you can get it with a quality stuff sack