Best butcher for pork, beef fat near Boise?

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone recommend a source for pork and beef fat near Boise?

I filled my first tag, a cow elk, I’m about finished processing out my steaks and roasts and I‘d like to grind the trim meat to burger or sausage this week before I need to freeze it.

Fred Myers does it.
Just call the meat department and ask them to save some out for ya.
They usually cut in the morning. So it may take a day notice.

codycleve

FNG
I grind my burger and sausage with pork shoulder or pork butt. You have a cash and carry in Boise which is now called smart food service. They have boneless pork butt on sale right now for $1.55, they come in large bags of pork butts. 19lb average.

OP
R

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
I grind my burger and sausage with pork shoulder or pork butt. You have a cash and carry in Boise which is now called smart food service. They have boneless pork butt on sale right now for $1.55, they come in large bags of pork butts. 19lb average.

Thanks, but only two of us in the household and a full cow in the freezer. I don’t think my wife will be thrilled if I add another 19lbs to the mix.

My local grocery butchers I’ve talked to can all get me trimmed fat in a few days, I just need to weigh out all of my trim tonight to figure how much I need to place an order.

codycleve

FNG
It adds up faster than you might think. 25 lbs of sausage at 40% pork is only 15lbs of elk meat and 10 lbs of pork. It all depends on how you break down your elk also. Good luck and I wish i lived a bit closer to a smart food service. Their tri tip sales are awesome. Congrats on the Cow elk, i'm hoping to put one on the ground this weekend.

jmez

WKR
I use 25%pork butt for sausage and 15% beef fat for burger.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk