Best Case for Kowa 774

Guys

I have a buddy who said his fitted Kowa case is less than desirable on the 774 spotter and elected to go to the regular zippered case (not fitted)

I was wondering if anyone else had insight into the Kowa fitted cases ?

I am up in Canada so there isn’t anywhere with 18 hours I could even drive and look at one or I would.

I’d welcome any other options guys have had good luck with for backpacking, I like the idea of the fitted case but not if it doesn’t fit well.

Thanks

fbhandler

WKR
I’ve got both a 554 & 774, been around the horn with various cases, tried all the available stay on cases and didn’t like em, ended up with the marsupial carry case for my 774 and am happy with it. I’d like to find one for the 55 but I’ll probably have to have one made.

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve got both a 554 & 774, been around the horn with various cases, tried all the available stay on cases and didn’t like em, ended up with the marsupial carry case for my 774 and am happy with it. I’d like to find one for the 55 but I’ll probably have to have one made.
Since you can’t get the vortex 50mm neoprene anymore spend some coin and get the Kowa neoprene for the 55, wish they made one for the 77. The phone skope case for the 65mm a/stx fits the 77 well and I may go that route.

The phone skope that fits the 77.

I also hated the stay on case from kowa. Rumor has it, they are coming out with a neoprene case for the 77 series. I opted to not wait for it. This is my 774 with the optix armor 65mm STX cover (same as phone skope cover mentioned above)

It's the best I've found. I've heard the old vortex diamondback 80mm covers fit well if you can find one.
ac86ca730f87c0889347e36842755203.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

fbhandler

WKR
Since you can’t get the vortex 50mm neoprene anymore spend some coin and get the Kowa neoprene for the 55, wish they made one for the 77. The phone skope case for the 65mm a/stx fits the 77 well and I may go that route.

The phone skope that fits the 77.

I tried Kowa’s neoprene case… didn’t like it

Matt G.

WKR
Now that they have the new eye piece cover, I may go to the old wool sock route

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

ODgreen

FNG
My solution for my 773... Gear Aid camo Vet Tape, and a beer cozy over the lens. Cheep, light and the sunshade still functions fine.

I think I might try a filter lens on the objective to protect it more also, not sure it the cap will still fit with a lens in..... maybe someone has tried a lens on the 77 series?
IMG_3652.jpg