Best cold weather glove.

On the search for a new cold weather/glassing glove. Either really cold or for glassing. Warmth is key. I like the idea of a removable shell. Wide cuffs to go over layer easily.

Was thinking between

FL Grizzly 2.0
SG Altimter mit
BD Mercury mits

Or suggestion something else.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I wear super thin liners and Kinco mittens. If I need dexterity I can slide the mitten off and do something without my hand instantly freezing. The coldest I’ve used them was -33*.

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
I like 100% Brisker gloves quite a bit this time of year, but they may be thinner than you're looking for. I usually wear normal gloves for the climb and switch to the insulated ones for the descent. Also consider keeping multiple pairs on you (in pockets or otherwise close to the body) and switching out frequently

dster3

FNG
I have the grizzly trigger mits - theyre warm. Good quality and really like the puffy inner sleeve. The gloves fit me really well, but I still find the trigger finger to be too bulky. It got caught behind my trigger on a follow up shot with my shotgun a few times.

Duck hunted a snow storm with them mid 20s with a 15-20 mph wind at times and finger tips were a little cold, shoved my hands into the side pockets of my waders and was good to go.

The outer leather seems to soak up moisture a bit, I have a feeling that if I had been able to keep them dry, it wouldnt have been an issue. Defintely have enough room between the shell and sleeve for a handwarmer if needed.

Overall I'm happy with them. I'll likely pick up another pair of FL gloves, probably the brooks down gloves as I dont always need the dexterity when glassing versus duck hunting.

Rjk300

FNG
I have the Kuiu strong fleece 220 under the down pro glomitt and keeps me warm. I’ve sat in the stand here in Ohio for hours while in the teens and my hands stayed warm. While glassing as day broke a few times in MT this year the temp was around 0* and still warm hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lando

WKR

#1 Mountain hardware absolute zero mitts, w or w/o fleece liners
#2 Kuiu northstar mitts, with 220 fleece liners

Check out those heavy SKRE gloves. Used them in cold weather sits this year and enjoyed them. Pretty sure they’re on here @skregear id wager you can squeeze em for a discount.