Best hunting bullet for 6.5 PRC

What’s the best overall choice hunting bullet for the 6.5 PRC
I’ll have my build together in a few days and want to break it in with what I shoot in it all the time. Thanks

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
What a can of worms you are opening. You’ll have people praise a bullet, and others trash it. I’d read a few of the hundreds of threads on this topic, pick a few rounds that sound good and see how your gun likes them. (For the record I usually shoot ELD-X.)

Edit: when you’re done come back and complain that the bullet expanded too much or too little, to that it did or didn’t pass through.

Last edited:

StevenMn

FNG
156 bergers work great in my 6.5 PRC. Shot acouple deer so far with that load and they worked really well.

OP
Sportshooter5
😂 , I knew this would open a can of worms !!
thought it would be interesting to hear everybody's opinion
I’m a big Berger fan , killed a lot with the 135-140s.
thought I’d start there

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
sample size of one deer harvest but my gun likes the 143 bondstrike very accurate

What’s the best overall choice hunting bullet for the 6.5 PRC
I’ll have my build together in a few days and want to break it in with what I shoot in it all the time. Thanks
Every barrel will likely be different on its favorite load. I have found H4350 with ELDX bullets work excellent. Hornady and Barnes did Ok but I didn't development them quite as much . Best of luck!

PH1969

FNG
What a can of worms you are opening. You’ll have people praise a bullet, and others trash it. I’d read a few of the hundreds of threads on this topic, pick a few rounds that sound good and see how your gun likes them. (For the record I usually shoot ELD-X.)

Edit: when you’re done come back and complain that the bullet expanded too much or too little, to that it did or didn’t pass through.
Yes can of worms LOL.
OP what critters are you going to be hunting mainly? Cup & Core, Bonded or Monos? Lots of choices. If you narrow it down a bit that might help with suggestions.

In my 6.5 SAUM I shoot Berger 153.5 LRHT's with great success so far on just Muley's, I would not hesitate to use on Elk too. Lot's of choices. Main thing is shot placement. Bad shot with the "Best" bullet = bad results.

Make sure you don’t go with one that kills them within 20-50 yards but doesn’t leave a blood trail a blind child can follow.

Also don’t pick one that punches through perfectly and leaves a good trail but they go a little farther than 20-50 yards.

Neither of those options are any good. Stay completely away from them.

On a totally unrelated note: 143 ELDX and 147 ELDM or Nosler 140 match. None of those work well either…………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro