Best left handed rifle to suppress for hunting

Njt124

FNG
Looking to spend a few bucks and get a left handed bolt rifle setup with a suppressor due to some recent hearing issues. Mostly whitetail hunt from treestands and blinds. Want something compact, wondered if a barrel can be cut down some to account for the extra length of the can and still be accurate enough. Just trying to understand the best option or if something already exists threaded, shortened and ready to go. Any recommendations on gun or suppressor would be great

Seeknelk

WKR
Tikka t3x 6.5 creedmoor Tikka I had cut and threaded at 16.5 inches works. Zero reason to leave it longer for most hunting especially whitetail from stands. I only have experience with the thunderbeast Dominus. I like it but there's many great ones out there.

OP
N

Njt124

FNG
I currently have a tikka t3 lite in 308. Do you think that could be cut down and threaded? Thought I may have read something about barrel wall thinkness issues….also what size thread should I go with, is there a standard?

Tikka t3x 6.5 creedmoor Tikka I had cut and threaded at 16.5 inches works. Zero reason to leave it longer for most hunting especially whitetail from stands. I only have experience with the thunderbeast Dominus. I like it but there's many great ones out there.
Agree with that. Buy a tikka in whatever caliber you want. Probably short action if your wanting quite as possible. Send the barreled action out to silencer central and have them cut and thread it. Buy whatever supressor you want and good to go. I have a 308 cut to 18 inches with an omega 300 and it's a nice little gun.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I currently have a tikka t3 lite in 308. Do you think that could be cut down and threaded? Thought I may have read something about barrel wall thinkness issues….also what size thread should I go with, is there a standard?
edit. Checked my threads. 9/16x24 on an 18 inch barrel

Last edited:

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I have recently decided to get my first left handed bolt and settled on the Savage Ultralight, which is threaded and I plan on putting a suppressor on, but it does have a 22" barrel.
Anyways, in my looking, I did come across this Savage Magpul Hunter. It has an adjustable length of pull and comes with an 18" threaded barrel. Comes in .308 or 6.5 CM.
Screenshot_20231012_184900_Chrome.jpg

T3 lite barrels can't be threaded 5/8x24 at 16+" without using a thread adapter, which works just fine. Pva has real simple adapters, kampfield and shaen do fancy ones. Accuracy for me was unaffected by the cut/ thread/ can

Check out a Tikka T3x CTR. 20 inch barrel that comes threaded. I have one in .308 and it is super accurate and is a great gun all around. I have a Dead Air Nomad TI on it.

OP
N

Njt124

FNG
Check out a Tikka T3x CTR. 20 inch barrel that comes threaded. I have one in .308 and it is super accurate and is a great gun all around. I have a Dead Air Nomad TI on it.
I did notice that one in some of my searches….seemed a bit heavy for what I wanted, does that bother you at all?

Seeknelk

WKR
My Tikka at 16.5 was threaded 9/16 and I have the thunderbeast CB brake/mount on it, just for more info. And is a solid shooter putting 10 rounds in 1 moa with 140 ELD and a little bit better with 136 Scenar. Action is slicker'n Saul. Very very handy and fun to shoot. A 6 or 22cm version will be next.

ericwh

WKR
I'm using a t3x 6.5 creedmoor cut to 18.5" with a 6" can. It feels perfect IMO.

16.5" + 8" would probably feel the same.

OP
N

Njt124

FNG
Tikka .308 bottom. I run a trash panda on it.
Barrel cut to 18”

View attachment 613322View attachment 613322
Nice looking setup which tikka model is that, can you list what all you did to it
I'm using a t3x 6.5 creedmoor cut to 18.5" with a 6" can. It feels perfect IMO.

16.5" + 8" would probably feel the same.
you mind sharing a pic of the setup? What can is it? Still can’t believe accuracy does not diminish noticeably, which is good news

ericwh

WKR
It's a form1.

Here it is with a factory 24". They are the same length.

20231013_090922.jpg

It has no affect on accuracy, poi does change with the can on.

Tikka 6.5 cut to 18" wearing a cgs hyperion
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-08-06 14_13_05.045157.jpgBallistic-X-Export-2023-08-06 14_46_42.129836.jpgBallistic-X-Export-2023-08-06 14_45_00.477409.jpg

Looking to spend a few bucks and get a left handed bolt rifle setup with a suppressor due to some recent hearing issues. Mostly whitetail hunt from treestands and blinds. Want something compact, wondered if a barrel can be cut down some to account for the extra length of the can and still be accurate enough. Just trying to understand the best option or if something already exists threaded, shortened and ready to go. Any recommendations on gun or suppressor would be great
@Njt124 What did you end up going with? I'm in the same boat, ear issues, mostly stand-hunting deer... I have a 9" Thunderbeast on order.
Also, have you shot right handed rifles in the past and prefer left handed ones? I shoot LH, but have only shot RH rifles. It never bothered me, but should I switch to LH?

Agree with that. Buy a tikka in whatever caliber you want. Probably short action if your wanting quite as possible. Send the barreled action out to silencer central and have them cut and thread it. Buy whatever supressor you want and good to go. I have a 308 cut to 18 inches with an omega 300 and it's a nice little gun.

That's what I did for my t3x in 6.5. Had it cut to 16.25" and threaded. Silence Central has a chart showing what threads they will cut based on the barrel diameter. Then you can just buy an adapter or order your can with that thread pattern.