best light weight dry bags?

krueger

FNG
What is the best light weight dry bags available for storing my sleep system in? Looking to keep by down sleeping bag, pad and maybe bivy in it. Is 10L big enough or should i go for 20L. Most important feature would be weight of the dry bag followed by compressability. What are you guys using? Thanks

May be lighter options out there, but im using a couple Sea to Summit dry bags. Not the ones with compression straps. You kind of squeeze the air out of the bottom membrane and it kind of vacuum packs whatever you got in there. I like em.

gelton

WKR
^^^ What he said. Sea to Summit Ultra Sil drybags. Depends on the size of your bag and pad but I would think you would want a 20L or even a 35L (it sorta vacuum packs so bigger is better and doesn't take up alot of extra room in your bag.)

charvey9

WKR
Look at Zpacks Cuben fiber stuff sacks. There is nothing lighter. They will even make custom sizes upon request.

OP
K

krueger

FNG
Thanks for the information. I had been looking at those sea to summit Event dry bags and they look pretty good. I'll have to check out the Zpacks, never heard of them beofre.

Another vote for the ZPacks cuben stuff sacks. They're light as can be and totally waterproof in the roll-top models. I have several and they are definitely my go-to mountain organization bags.

AitchAr

FNG
I have a ZPacks large rectangular cuben fiber dry bag on the way. Should be here Saturday.

I bought it as an experiment to see if is like the shape better than a typical dry sack. I'm happy to hear the positive reviews.

AitchAr

FNG
I had a chance to pack up the large rectangular cuben fiber dry bag for ZPacks this morning.

It easily fits a Borah side zip bivy (M90 and a little wider/longer than their standard), a long neoair xlite, and a 50* EE prodigy quilt (long/wide). I tried to squeeze a 30* synthetic bag in there as well, but couldn't quite close the bag. The 30* bag, bivy, and pad fit with extra room.

bobhunts

WKR
Zpacks cuben fiber bags are way lighter than any other one i have. I do question durability with them though. I am careful with them and no problems yet. Bob.

huntinrod

Lil-Rokslider
Exped schnitzel bag...double duty.. sleeping bag bag.....pump.....pack liner...etc

Ridgetop

FNG
I have been using Mountain Laurel Designs cuben dry bags for 6 years with no durability issues, they are about the same as Zpacks but thicker material.