Best meat on the bone quarter game bags?

Elite

WKR
Curious what everyone is using? The TAG moose bags are sold out. So now looking for alternatives. Looking for bags for moose/elk full quarters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t speak for moose but last year I used the BOMB bags on my caribou. My buddy had a Kifaru elk quarter set of bags and we used them for the rear quarters and they were awesome. I got my own set to take elk hunting in a couple weeks. They’re heavy and that’s why I like them. Not sure if they make a bag big enough for moose quarters but worth a call.

hunterjmj

WKR
I've been using Argali for a couple years now and they are great. With that being said they are the only bags I've used besides Alaska bags. I'm sure there are a bunch of good ones just have to find what's in stock.

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We do a raffle + review on Game Bags and recommend the ones below. You really can't go wrong with any of these options.

KUIU Quarter Game Bags

Caribou Gear Wapiti Game Bags

TAG Bone on Meat Bags

Argali High Country Game Bags

I had a willow stick punch a hole in one of my argali bags on the first use.

I do like the size, weight, and construction but they are likely less durable than my previous set of caribou gear bags. Also, it seemed that the meat stuck to them pretty quickly.

Hopefully I get another test or two on them this season.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Curious what everyone is using? The TAG moose bags are sold out. So now looking for alternatives. Looking for bags for moose/elk full quarters

We have the TAG Elk bone-in.

The Kifaru bags are very durable but heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Argali bags have replaced my Caribou Gear bags. Those are the only two I have used though.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
Packed a bear out in Argali and Kuiu bags this summer. Both seemed pretty similar. Argali might have been a little lighter and had reflective logo.

I've had some Caribou game bags here for maybe 4-5 years and I've had several hundred animals in them easily. They're still in fantastic working condition and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I think I’ve packed 5 elk, 2 deer, and 3 antelope with my Allen bags. They were only 25 dollars. They probably have another 10 animals easy. I don’t see the allure of 70 dollar game bags, but my camo doesn’t match either, so maybe I just don’t get it!

woods89

WKR
I think I’ve packed 5 elk, 2 deer, and 3 antelope with my Allen bags. They were only 25 dollars. They probably have another 10 animals easy. I don’t see the allure of 70 dollar game bags, but my camo doesn’t match either, so maybe I just don’t get it!
I've used these with good success also. I don't trust the hanging loops, usually just tie paracord around the bag just under the drawstring, but other than that they have been great.

4ester

WKR
Another Black Ovis user. They have been great, probably used 10+ times so far. The reflective strip is a nice touch and bags are tough.