Best Rangefinding Binoculars?

Looking for a set of rangefinding binoculars, curious what would be the best bang for the buck? I’d like a set of Swaro’s but not in the budget.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Revics are my next purchase.

Looking for a Christmas sale price from a motivated retailer.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I’m happy with my sig10k - only pair I’ve had tho and know it’s not Swaro glass. Ties in with app and has profiles for different guns/loads to verify dialup

OP
B
Yes onboard ballistics is a must. I have an Sig kilo 2400 and love it. Just haven’t heard great things about Sig glass

Deere83

Lil-Rokslider
I have Leica 3200.coms I got from cameraland for a good price. I don’t use the onboard ballistics since I link to my kestrel but the glass is great to my eyes

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I kill a lot of animals at what most would consider long range. The on board ballistics aren’t needed in my opinion at all.

My Meopta Optika LRs have been an excellent tool. Accurate ranging, really good glass, and durability has been great. I did a review on them here.

Check out Matt’s review as well here.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I think the best bang for buck is the Vortex Fury 5000's. I've tried them all to some capacity. All the solvers will get you on target so I wouldn't sweat that detail as much as the glass and rangefinder quality.

Swaro EL TA -- Absolutely the best of the bunch. I shit every time I look through them. RF works as needed (deer sized things inside 1000 and large objects out to 2500 in nearly all conditions). I borrowed these for a two day NRL match, and the dope was perfect for all ~50 different targets shot

Leica 3200.coms -- Really good glass. RF works as good as the Swaros. They can only range once every 5ish seconds because of how it displays, and that is annoying. These are what I own and like them well enough since they're 1500 less than Swaros

Zeiss RF -- Tried them out in the field next to Leica HD-R's and could NOT get them to give as crisp of an image to my eye as the Leica's so I returned them. It ranged everything exactly the same as the Leicas. Still really good glass and a great RF but can't comment on other specifics. Absolutely don't buy these for MSRP

Sig Kilo 3k -- Owned the 3k and it was OK bang for buck. Overall not amazing glass with a slight bluish tint as well; honestly on par with $150 binos. These don't have a solver in them, just including them here because I had the most time looking through these specifically. RF works better/faster than all three of the European options by a good margin.

SIG Kilo 10k -- Awfully blue tint compared to the 3k's. If it's just for NRL, its just fine I guess, but boy would I hate to have to look through them all day. RF is the best I'm told. The 3k's did everything I ever needed and THEN SOME. These are apparently even better and that's pretty awesome if you need to laze a tiny target a long ways away in bad conditions.

Vortex Fury 5000s -- Glass wasn't nearly tinted as the SIG 10k's. Slightly less than the 3k's also. RF is possibly as good as the 10ks? I cant say that for sure, but it's every bit as good as the 3k's. Due to the glass, phenomenal RF, and impossibly good warranty on electronics... Hard not to recommend this one if you can get close to MIL/LEO pricing

Last edited:

JGRaider

WKR
I've had a pair of Geovid 2200's (model 403) that wouldn't range past 200 yds when temps got near freezing. A couple of years ago attempted to like the 3200.com's but Leica's piss poor CS couldn't provide one single pair that worked as advertised. Tried the Sig 3000BDX and the laser/reticle was so far out of alignment it was unusable so I sent it back. Bought a Vortex Fury AB before last hunting season and it ranges 1000% better than an Leica I owned, has the AB ballistic readouts as far as you can range (almost 4000 yds so far), and has optics that will get you well past legal shooting light, easily. IMO/IME with any hunting electronics you'll eventually need customer service which is where Vortex has no peer, and Leica still sucks IME anyway.

I used my friend's pair of GPO rf/binos in 10x50 during last mule deer season and IMO they are the best combo of optics and RF performance of anything made, and they won't break the bank. Not a chance in hades' I'll spend $3000+ on a Swaro, Leica, or Zeiss anything.

the sig 10k combines 3 pieces of gear . kestrel rangefinder and binoculars. hands down next rangefinder. the blue tint is preference. I don't feel like it impedes optical clarity. I haven't used the base map function yet. I haven't used dog customer service yet either
leica has better glass but not better RF

LuvDog

FNG
I was trying to make this decision too and went with Vortex Fury 5000 AB

One of the biggest reasons is because of their warranty. I read too many reviews of other ones crapping out right after warranty or not working well in cold temps and customer service being non existent

If I’m combining optics and electronics, then I know something is eventually going to go wrong.

Vortex’s customer service and warranty just can’t be beat