Best trail cams?

rugerhoyt

Lil-Rokslider
We have had a little of everything. Have slowly changed everything over to Browning. Great camera, with great pictures/video. I run 2 strike force pro HDs in my yard. They take 20 second videos. Each camera will do about 500 videos a week. I put them up last October and just changed batteries in them 2 weeks ago.

If you watch you can get some good deals on them too. I have 6 command ops (like $60 a piece) on state ground up from my house. They take great photos, and for $60 it doesnt kill you to lose one.

Bushnells new cell cam has caught my eye. They have been out of the game for a little while, has me wondering if they finally got it right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bejayze

FNG
Browning cameras have been good to me over the years, Bushnell E2 are great cameras also

Chris76

FNG
Sky point. Have the pics sent straight to my phone and don’t have to scent the area up every two weeks or once a month to check the sd card. The pics it takes are really good also. Everyone is going to have their own opinions on this one so find the one in your price range and try it out.

Another vote for Browning. They’re amazing. I have 2 and have them set for video recording. Videos are top notch clarity and the battery life is great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta agree... browning strike force series is probably the best bang for buck. Functionality, reliability, cost.

They are a well balanced camera.

BigRiver

FNG
I've run almost all the big brand names of cameras, mind you none of the real pricey ones the most ever spent on a camera was/is around 150 bones... I've ran spypoint steathcam, wildgame, moultrie, covert, exodus, muddy, and browning to name a few and currenty run give or take 20 on public land in Michigan. They must lock both the camera itself and access to the sd card and be no glow. The ones I've had the best luck with are the stealthcams, moultries, and coverts. Coverts mp 8 black is a decent little cam for 100 bucks the rest I couldnt tell you the exact model, try to stay away from steatlthcams cheapers models with the p18 being about the only exception I generally buy most of my cams at end of season when you can pick up each brands higher end cams for easier swallowed prices. The three I mentioned usually treat me well but honestly have fought with just about all them at some point. The biggest learning experiences I've had are use only lithuims and dont swap sd cards. Sorry for the long winded response, hopefully you can take something from it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bushwalt

FNG
I've used many different brands of cameras over the years. Primos and stealthcam are my least favorite. I don't care for the user interface. I like spy point cameras a lot but they're a little spendy. My favorite right now is the Campark small 12 mp camera from Amazon. It's the best I've used in terms of value ($40) and easy setup and functionality. It's tiny too and easily hidden. I would highly recommend them.

BigRiver

FNG
I've used many different brands of cameras over the years. Primos and stealthcam are my least favorite. I don't care for the user interface. I like spy point cameras a lot but they're a little spendy. My favorite right now is the Campark small 12 mp camera from Amazon. It's the best I've used in terms of value ($40) and easy setup and functionality. It's tiny too and easily hidden. I would highly recommend them.
Those amazon cameras only accept the micro sd cards correct?

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I bought 12 Browning comand ops and 3 other of the higher priced brownings. The night pictures on the comand ops suck. The other models were decent. The only thing I can say is that they were cheaper otherwise....in will stick to better cams on properties I am not concerned about them being stolen.

bushwalt

FNG
Those amazon cameras only accept the micro sd cards correct?

Many of them only accept micro sds but the one I have takes a regular sd. It's literally smaller than the palm of my hand. Love it.

NDGuy

WKR
I tried the Spypoint Link Micros this year and I had a pretty disappointing experience. I bought 5 of them and while I admit when they work they work pretty good BUT they all quit working after about a month or two in the field. 2 of the cameras I bought wouldn't update and take pictures out of the box. I tested them out in the backyard and they never worked. Finally got 3 that worked and set them out. After about a month, one blatantly stopped sending pictures. Another would only take pictures at night, like 11PM or later. I verified this because I sat in the stand and had deer in daylight at my stand that didn't set the camera off. The other worked but then only sent like 10 pictures or so per day. I checked my chips and they all were full of pictures so it wasn't just the camera not taking pictures they had difficulty sending too. All were green status cell tower connection.

All of that coupled with the WORST customer service I have ever experienced in my life. I waited on the phone for 2 hours one day waiting to talk to someone about their subscription options and they always took nearly a week to answer emails. Also I did their referral program and got my brother to buy a few. I used my referral code to get a $50 rebate off the purchase of my next Link Micro camera. That was when I bought the third one and sent my code in, received my email stating the rebate was approved for processing. Waited 8 weeks and emailed them, they said that was a misunderstanding and the rebate was not eligible for the Link Micro. Umm WHAT!? I emailed them a copy of them email I received from them saying it was approved.

In the end at least they made it right and they let me pick out anything from their accessory catalogue as compensation so I ended up getting the 12v battery pack. So props to them for that, I would have rather had the $50 though. They just seem understaffed and that coupled with 3/3 cameras not working after putting them in the field I will go back to Moultries/Wildgame cameras. They at least work when you put them out.

Too bad about the problems with the spypoints. I'd love to have a few reliable cell cams to leave up year around on the 3 different properties that I hunt. They'd be perfect because I could mount them high up in the trees to deter theft and not have to take a ladder in to get the photos. But I don't need anymore headaches, so I'll pass for now.

What trail cams are people using that have a lock box they are sold with? I am tired of my cameras being messed with by bears (and people).