Best tripod for a 115 BTX?

Looking for a new tripod for my 115 BTX. Willing to sacrifice some weight for more stability as I only do day hunting and no overnight trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
One of the RRS tripods and an Outdoorsmans Fluid Head. I use an RRS Ascend and the OD fluid head. I have to have a center column and I carry just the short section on the Ascend most of the time. This combo is expensive but it is very solid for BTX and twins. I pack it anytime I'm using optics larger than 15x binoculars or a 65mm spotting scope.

Last edited:
For a cheaper option Two Vets Sporting goods sell a tripod called No Name, coupled with manfrotto fluid head works well for heavier optics. They also work great for shooting off of as well.

OP
S
One of the RRS tripods and an Outdoorsmans Fluid Head. I use an RRS Ascend and the OD fluid head. I have to have a center column and I carry just the short section on the Ascend most of the time. This combo is expensive but it is very solid for BTX and twins. I pack it anytime I'm using optics larger than 15x binoculars or a 65mm spotting scope.

So you take apart the RRS Ascend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
So you take apart the RRS Ascend
The Ascend is designed with a two piece center column. The longer lower extension can be removed very easily. The tri lobe design and lock mechanism is more solid than the old round column twist lock setup.