Best unit in west Kansas

Samg1707

FNG
Looking to head to west Kansas this upcoming season to hunt new terrain, was wondering which unit people would recommend

I would look for a unit with water, food, and lastly deer. If there is no water or food, the deer will also not be there. Personally, I would look for units with lots of food and water, because there will be lots of deer. But that is just me.

I would look for a unit with water, food, and lastly deer. If there is no water or food, the deer will also not be there. Personally, I would look for units with lots of food and water, because there will be lots of deer. But that is just me.
All the units are good! Just depends how you want to hunt!

If the best unit gets posted, you won’t be able to draw. They’re all good. If you’re hunting public, find the land you’d like to hunt, then apply. Sic private, apply for that unit.
If the best unit gets posted, you won’t be able to draw. They’re all good. If you’re hunting public, find the land you’d like to hunt, then apply. Sic private, apply for that unit.
Honestly I needed to get my posts on Rokslide so I could get the full access, didn’t know what else to post about. Looking back not my smartest move asking guys to give up their favorite areas😂 thanks for the advice

You get two units. Pick the type of terrain you want to hunt and go! You out of state or resident? Makes a difference too.
In state, have hunted north and southeast of Manhattan. Wanted to expand into more open land as I’ve never hunted it before. I grew up hunting farmland in wisconsin so it hasn’t been much different since I got down here

In state, have hunted north and southeast of Manhattan. Wanted to expand into more open land as I’ve never hunted it before. I grew up hunting farmland in wisconsin so it hasn’t been much different since I got down here
Much different question now! Just get after it!
Your tags are over the counter. I've only been to western Kansas twice. What a joy spotting and stalking.

You didn’t even state what you are hunting?

Good sale? Hunting a fantastic burger joint? Hunting for a sweet fishing spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want to hunt... Pheasant and mule deer are out west, quail in the eastern third, whitetail and turkey all over. DM if you've got questions.

Back