Best way to hang lopsided elk?

Hwcopley

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, I have a tendency to shoot funky elk, and I am yet to find a good looking way of hanging them. Short of using wire or fishing lines to keep them upright, anybody come up with anything else that works and looks decent?DB1AA69A-1AA7-47E6-B22B-A05F90239730.jpeg

Geewhiz

WKR
I have a funny bull like that too. I made a wood plaque and screwed 2 lags into the back of the skull. The weight of the antlers held the wood on the wall where I wanted it with just 1 anchor to the wall. Might have a pic somewhere.

Also, DAYUM.

Last edited:
Two holes in the skull cap , mount on a beam in the barn. Sorry ! I'm not much of a trophy guy. Most of them I just pitch for the kritters.

Geewhiz

WKR
I keep mine at 30. If one comes in at 20 I'm on and if one comes in at 40 my pin gap is still very close maybe hold a bit high. At 50,60,70 ect there either going to come in closer or there hung up and looking for that cow or bull (you) and will have time to adjust your pin.

I have used a single pin for years now and will never go back. Not once have I not got a shot off or missed a shot due to the single pin. That's including whitetails in the rut, elk, bear, and turkeys.
come-again-say-qhrfmg.jpg

skullclnr

FNG
The way i do them is a screw sticking out of the wall on the inside of the teeth touching the roof of the mouth in a way the bull will turn into it clock wise or counter clock wise. that way the screw is not visible to others but stops the bull from turning on the wall.