Best week in may to hunt black bear in se AK

Was looking to get some info on what week in may you guys would recommend hunting black bear in AK? I have had one guy tell me 1st or 2nd week in may so they aren't rubbed. Then i had another reliable Source say the last week of may/1st week of June. He said that is just in case they have a long winter and they don't come out of hibernation early. But he also said you will have to sort out which bears aren't rubbed yet. What would you guys think? It always going to be a gamble. Obviously the later you go the better chance the bears won't be in hibernation, but they might be more rubbed.

SE is a big place. Me, June 1st and after, for several reasons.

Depending where you’re at, rubbed is the norm, finding one that isn’t is hard. I sound like a broken record. SE is for heads not hides. A good one is shit.

OP
M
Was just up there in August with 6 guys and brought back close to 100 lbs of coho and halibut. Group caught 118 coho and 19 halibut. So probably would gear it more towards bear and halibut this go round.

gbflyer

WKR
We’ve had some winter in Northern Southeast but I don’t think there has been much in that area. It hasn’t been all that cold, and it’s starting to warm up. All indications are that it won’t be a late Spring.