Best wild game meat

What is your favorite? Anything wild game

I will add by asking. Is caribou and
rams/sheep any good to eat?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
B
Squirrel is hard to beat. Pot pie with boiled squirrel is out of this world. Also flame grilled, skin on whole wood duck is right at the top for best table fare in my book.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Interesting always heard duck and goose was disgusting

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I personally have never had rams, but from friends of mine that have, and talking with others, it is up there in the running for the best tasting. (also heard they make the best rocky mountain oysters)

jmez

WKR
Moose
Elk
Antelope

In that order. All about personal taste. I've shot 1 caribou. I'd need to be starving to death to ever eat that again. It wasn't a meat care issue either. He fell where I shot him on the last morning of the hunt. Immediately quartered and put on ice and into the plane.

OP
B
Moose
Elk
Antelope

In that order. All about personal taste. I've shot 1 caribou. I'd need to be starving to death to ever eat that again. It wasn't a meat care issue either. He fell where I shot him on the last morning of the hunt. Immediately quartered and put on ice and into the plane.
I've heard caribou was awful too. Why was it bad?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Sheep, specifically tenderloin and ribs cooked on the mountain were my #1. Last September I killed a Musk Ox in Alaska. There is no comparison. Musk Ox is the best wild game meat there is. Axis deer IS excellent.

jmez

WKR
Hard to describe, very strong flavor but not gamey. Not a lot different than domestic sheep, but an old ewe, not lamb. Very strong smell when you cooked it. Left a tallow type covering in your mouth.

I gave it to a buddy of mine and he thought it was the best stuff he's ever had.