Best wood or fuel for wall tent stove

KsRancher

WKR
Do westerners know about hedge / osage orange? I'm sure there are some laws against it but I swear I could make a business trucking it out west for y'all to burn.

That's what I was going to recommend. Tough to beat a 50yr old hedge post for heat. And last a LONG time if you don't split it.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
One year there were several clumps of dead chokecherry where we hunted. One of our guys had a small chain saw. Made much better fire wood than aspen or pine. It was so good that when we moved camp about 5 miles I packed the cherry firewood to the new location. Some of the wood was about 3 to 4 inches in diameter. Split good too.

T28w

WKR
Do westerners know about hedge / osage orange? I'm sure there are some laws against it but I swear I could make a business trucking it out west for y'all to burn.

I had to look that up, I have only ever heard it called a mock orange. It’s a hard wood for sure.

If you’re hunting in NV UT CO or anywhere with pinyon or mountain mahogany either of those cut from a dead tree in a 4” round will last awhile.