Beware of auto-tips at restaurants, etc...

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Another thing to watch out for; my wife and I went to a brewery and had a few beers. She treated me. Instead of leaving a tip on CC, she put cash in the tip jar. When she went out to the car, she got a notification from her CC and noticed the total did not match the bill. I calculated the difference, and it appears the bartender left himself a 20% tip on the machine.
I’ve had this happen multiple times while out of town on work trips.

I’ll add in my tip and I guess if it’s not good enough the servers increase it to whatever they like. It’s come to the point that I need to leave my receipts blank so I can back fill them in at a later time on expense reports.

It’s basically petty theft.

Yoder

WKR
My wife and I ate a Five guys about a month ago. Two meals, burger, fries and drink was $48. I almost walked out. I asked the cashier if we accidentally ordered ribeyes. I'll never go back.

KenLee

WKR
I always keep plenty of assorted cash in my front pocket under my pistol. Use it to tip. If a restaurant or bar/grill needs more margin, they'd better be upfront on the bill or they'll miss out.
I figure if I get mugged, $ and bullets will fly. Crime scene will get sufficiently contaminated so that I won't get prosecuted in a libtard jurisdiction.

Reactions: ODB
OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
My wife and I ate a Five guys about a month ago. Two meals, burger, fries and drink was $48. I almost walked out. I asked the cashier if we accidentally ordered ribeyes. I'll never go back.

I feel your pain mate. I looked at the price of a burger and was like “**** that, we’re splitting the meal.” And I NEVER split a meal.

We eat a lotta BBQ, it was cheaper for us to buy a pellet grill and grocery store briskets than to get BBQ from a restaurant for a few months.

Reactions: ODB
OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
I always keep plenty of assorted cash in my front pocket under my pistol. Use it to tip. If a restaurant or bar/grill needs more margin, they'd better be upfront on the bill or they'll miss out.
I figure if I get mugged, $ and bullets will fly. Crime scene will get sufficiently contaminated so that I won't get prosecuted in a libtard jurisdiction.

Funny…I always keep a few bucks in my front pocket for the random a-hole. I was in Savannah GA once and a guy fronted me about being hard on his luck etc, pushing pretty hard. my wife and kid Were scared shitless…I stuffed $2 in his hand and said “I got you bro, go on now” and that punk ass turned and basically ran. I told they wife $2 is cheaper than a lawyer.

I was in a resort town last summer and was forced to grab a couple things from the small grocery store there. I’ve been in a lot of grocery stores but this one is arguably the most expensive I’ve ever seen. When I checked out the credit card machine, asked if I’d like to leave the cashier a tip. It took every ounce of strength I had to not cause a scene. 😂

Ucsdryder

WKR
I was in a resort town last summer and was forced to grab a couple things from the small grocery store there. I’ve been in a lot of grocery stores but this one is arguably the most expensive I’ve ever seen. When I checked out the credit card machine, asked if I’d like to leave the cashier a tip. It took every ounce of strength I had to not cause a scene. 😂
Down in Florida. Went to the bait shop and grabbed some hooks and shrimp. Checked out and had to bypass the tip option.

dtrkyman

WKR
Don't tip on the tax, seems folks like to calculate the total after tax! I often carry a little cash just for tips.

tony

WKR
Back when my GFs liberal college town just started to open businesses again. We went out eat.
First no actual menu, that scary covid lives on paper!
Had to order on our phones an and pay on our phones.
Time came to pay.
Had to leave the tip prior to seeing the bill. Called the waitress over and asked her wtf? She was college girl clueless. I left her a $1.00 and told her why. I did all the work, she carried the plates out was it.

Places around here are charging you to use your debit or credit card.
1 price for cash - the actual price
A price to use plastic
Is this even legal?

NMJM

FNG
Funny…I always keep a few bucks in my front pocket for the random a-hole. I was in Savannah GA once and a guy fronted me about being hard on his luck etc, pushing pretty hard. my wife and kid Were scared shitless…I stuffed $2 in his hand and said “I got you bro, go on now” and that punk ass turned and basically ran. I told they wife $2 is cheaper than a lawyer.
This is very different than tipping. Usually I tip well.
Anytime you let someone rob you, even for $2 you become the problem. If we would all stop giving beggars money there would be a lot less begging.

I don't really drink so I don't go to liquor stores often, but I was going over someone's house recently and stopped to pick up a bottle.

I grabbed the bottle off the shelf and brought it to the counter, the girl rang it up and then spun an I pad around with a card reader, and it was asking what percentage of tip I wanted to leave. I selected 0%.

My wife and I opened a food truck last year and initially had no option for tips but decided after being berated that we need an option for tips by dozens of people added it to our square terminal and put a cup out.

I understand tipping for service, it's kind of how the model for servers works. But I'm not tipping yhe cashier at the liquor store for scanning a Barcode.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
Aren't y'all's liquor stores also bars?

grfox92

WKR
Aren't y'all's liquor stores also bars?
Not that I've ever seen. I think one liquor store in town might have a lounge with pool tables, but I don't think there is an actual bar. And one liquor store is attached to a bar, but they operate as 2 separate businesses.

Not that I've ever seen. I think one liquor store in town might have a lounge with pool tables, but I don't think there is an actual bar. And one liquor store is attached to a bar, but they operate as 2 separate businesses.

Gotcha.

I've been to a number that were both. Around Casper/Sheridan it seems like the only places to buy a bottle are also bars. Lol