Biden announces proposed gun control measures

Fatcamp

WKR
Biden will continue to be a milquetoast centrist. He's a very watered down version of Obama and as far as I recall, the 2a was largely safe under Obama.

The far right and the far left will continue to rattle sabers and the fundamentals will remain largely unchanged. There will be small "things" done, and both sides will howl in protest/glee.

Whomever stated that AR's haven't inflated in "panic mode" this time around seems to be largely correct. That part surprises me somewhat, but perhaps, as stated, the market is already saturated.

We shall see.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
On his website, "Pres. Elect" Biden announced plan to:
1. Ban "assault weapons"
2. Ban "high capacity" magazines
The first thing they will have to do is figure out what an "assault weapon" is. They couldn't figure that out in the 90's either. The best they could come up with was "those look scary".

And "high capacity" is not an objective term either. If they polled every Congress"person" they'd probably get 50 different answers for what "high capacity" means. 30rd is low capacity in relation to 120 round drums. I guess depending on how they word it, drums might be left off the bill???

Brooks

WKR
America was founded on standing up and fighting for what you believe in . People need to stop crying about the Capital riot and stand up, push back, fight or just lay down and let them take what ever they want.

This is all nothing new. It's been out there for months. The only difference now is that the face of the Republican party torpedoed our chances at having a senate majority.

Pray if you want. It's just too bad all my guns were lost in that boating accident.

Yours too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you take a second to estimate the number of 30-round mags and AR pattern rifles sold in the last 10-15 years you wonder how this works in practice. Prices have not followed the typical panic cycle this time, leading me to believe that everyone who wants an AR has 1.75 of them on average. Talk about market saturation. Talk about a substantial chunk of your voter base.

The 1994 ban had support on both sides of the aisle, and still resulted in a lot of turnover in congress. This is one of those cases where term limits cut both ways. They will do what it takes to stay in power and this is the one issue that will get red voters out in droves at the midterms. That 's not something the other side of the aisle wants at all, but I could have this totally wrong.

I've been thinking on this and parallels to the marijuana issue- federally it's illegal to possess. Period, no questions asked. Yet multiple states have differing laws that allow brick-and-mortar businesses to exist on the sole basis of selling weed...How is this different from state-level implementation of firearms laws*?

*I am not a lawyer

I agree with you completely. The problem is I thought the red team would have come out and voted in droves in Georgia because of this and to keep checks and balances. I am no longer surprised by how much people want government security over liberty and freedom. I hope you all are right!!!

Laramie

WKR
I agree with you completely. The problem is I thought the red team would have come out and voted in droves in Georgia because of this and to keep checks and balances. I am no longer surprised by how much people want government security over liberty and freedom. I hope you all are right!!!

Maybe the red team did...

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
If one doesnt own an AR yet...is now the time to buy? Sounds like a good excuse anyway 🤣 I mean I'm not expecting a civil war or anything...but crazier things have happened. I wont lay down and let anyone steal my shit.

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
If it comes to it, I'll be among the first in the trees with ghillie suit and rifle in tow..

BuzzH

WKR
Been hearing this same story since the Carter administration. Have about 800% more firearms now than I did then...and now have the ability to carry firearms in National parks and if I choose to travel by train, on them as well.

Expanded gun rights and own more now than I ever have.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
The first thing they will have to do is figure out what an "assault weapon" is. They couldn't figure that out in the 90's either. The best they could come up with was "those look scary".

And "high capacity" is not an objective term either. If they polled every Congress"person" they'd probably get 50 different answers for what "high capacity" means. 30rd is low capacity in relation to 120 round drums. I guess depending on how they word it, drums might be left off the bill???
They will follow the lead California has implemented. High capacity that will be 10 rounds, California is already there... definition of an assault weapon? They will look at California and see what they’ve implemented here as a start.. if your not familiar with California’s laws look them up because that’s what will try to be pushed in my opinion... shit most of the items originally posted are already in place in California

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Been hearing this same story since the Carter administration. Have about 800% more firearms now than I did then...and now have the ability to carry firearms in National parks and if I choose to travel by train, on them as well.

So honest question not trying to be argumentative, but you honestly couldn’t see what has been passed in California being passed in other states or at a national level? Especially with magazine capacity and handgun limitations?

CoHiCntry

WKR

Would be interesting to have the data to see if we actually do have expanded gun rights now compared to in the Carter administration.

BuzzH

WKR
Would be interesting to have the data to see if we actually do have expanded gun rights now compared to in the Carter administration.
The data is there...couldn't have a firearm on a train or in a National Park until Obama signed it into law.

Seems like an expansion of firearm rights to me...

Maybe the red team did...
They did not. Several percentage points down in multiple red counties compared to November. I guess its difficult getting people to come out and vote after the "leader" of the party spends two months convincing them their vote is meaningless.

CoHiCntry

WKR
The data is there...couldn't have a firearm on a train or in a National Park until Obama signed it into law.

Seems like an expansion of firearm rights to me...

That clearly is... but over all has there really been an expansion of gun rights over the last 40 years or so?

BuzzH

WKR
That clearly is... but over all has there really been an expansion of gun rights over the last 40 years or so?
My gun safe is fully expanded by 800%...you do the math.

Cant think of a firearm I could buy during the Carter administration that I cant buy now...not a single one.

I can carry concealed in States now without a CC permit that I had have one to be able to during the Carter administration...

Lots of states allow reciprocal CC as well, wasnt the case during the Carter Administration.

Suppressors on rifles in most states for big-game hunting.

Yeah, I'd say just off the top of my head we've seen an expansion of rights.