Big Agnes black tail hotel 3, hot tent mod??

Whiskey_Z

FNG
So here’s the backstory…. My fiancé and I are getting married this summer and she agreed to a mini honeymoon in the Colorado Rockies (just so happens to be the area I plan to hunt this fall!😁) doing some hiking/camping/summertime elk scouting! Here’s my dilemma, every time, literally every time, we camp together it rains and is always cold, plus she’s always cold to begin with. I thought I could heat things up A bit for her with a hot tent! I looked into the SO Cimarron and the Peax Solitude but with a wedding to pay for this year, the funds just aren’t there. I can get a big Agnes black tail hotel for about $250 and had the idea of possibly sewing a stove jack into the vestibule area. Thinking the SO medium stove or medium U turn stove. Anybody ever do this or have any thoughts on this? Is the vestibule large enough for this or would this be too dangerous? One other thing to note is she wants a floor and mesh screen for bugs and such. Another reason I was looking at the black tail hotel. Any other set ups or recommendations are welcomed! Thanks all, appreciate the help.

I've looked at those and thought it would be a super cool setup. If you can run a stove in something as small as a seek outside silex, I imagine there would be enough space in the vestibule on the blacktail. If you do it, post pics!

I’ve been considering doing this in my copper hotel. There’s definitely enough room in that large vestibule to do so. I think it would make for a really sweet setup.

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm still on the fence yet, my inner "buy once, cry once" is still saying just continue to save up for the tipi tent that's all set up for it. I've got a couple months before I need it yet so we'll see how the funds line up, but at least I know it is in the realm of possibilities to pull it off. If I decide to make custom work of the blacktail set up I will post pics when completed. Thanks again.

Back