Big Agnes Sleep System thoughts?

I am looking to build out a super comfy sleep system for base camping at my truck during archery season. Weight is not a big concern, however, I want something that is packable incase I need to spike out, or decide to use the bag/pad combo for true backpacking trips.

Here is what I am looking at:

Summit Park 15 degree bag - looks really nice and comfy. I am a side sleeper and like to pull my legs up so it has plenty of room.
Big Agnes : Park : Summit Park 15

Double Z insulated Long/Wide pad - rated to 15 degrees (4.5 R value) - the 4" thickness is what attracts me, seems like it would be really comfy, plus the reviews all seem positive.
Big Agnes : Air Chamber : Insulated Double Z

Then for the truck camp only...adding one of the Sleeping Giant Pad covers for the extra memory foam comfort. I would not carry this if I was staying out of my backpack...just a creature comfort for the truck.
Big Agnes : Sleeping Pad Covers : Sleeping Giant Pad Cover

For the bag and pad I would be at 6lb 3oz if I needed to carry it, which doesn't seem too bad for something that could be uber comfortable.

Any thoughts on this setup from anyone that has used the products? Again - going for super comfortable first as the main priority.

JNDEER

WKR
I would recommend the Lost ranger or Encampment. Lighter weight. The Ranger sleeps warmer then the Encampment despite the same rating.

I have always used a therma rest neo air but my bro uses the BA air core. Both sleep fine.

I am trying out the double z (non-insulated) for my hunt next week. I will let you know how that goes compared to the neo air. Results in my living room suggest it is quitter and the thickness did feel better for the short duration I was on it.

xziang

WKR
I am going to try/use a lost ranger this year which REI had on sale a couple months ago. I like/love the sleeve for the sleeping pad for I tend to slide off of them.

For car camping I plan on using/trying one of these too: Cabela's Lightweight Cot : Cabela's

For car camping I'll probably use a thermarest pro-lite but when I hike in I'll use a Neo-air xlite. (cot stays at truck lol)

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
I have the lost ranger 15 and insulated air core. It works great with the sleeve, and I can bend my knees in the bag. I would consider the 15 about a 25* bag though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have the summit park bag and really like it. Also have used the BA pads but now use an exped to get a bit lighter.

worx53

WKR
I have a bad back and I tried the luxury lite cot with no pad last week for 3 nights-I've never been more comfortable. I'm going to pack it this year its that good-I think its 2 lbs. I usually use a xtherm and a friend runs a BA and loves it too

OP
B
I have the summit park bag and really like it. Also have used the BA pads but now use an exped to get a bit lighter.

How do you feel about the temp rating on it? As others mentioned above, it's sound like BA bags may sleep a little cooler then the ratings they give.

I think it is pretty close. I have only had it down that cold a few nights, but typically I need to keep it open to vent as I am too warm when it is above freezing. Being a down bag, make sure it stays dry.

-dan

geriggs

WKR
I have the summit park and the IAC and love that setup. A little heavy but good night sleeps are worth it.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the Lost Ranger and the Insulated Double Z, and those are great! Plenty of room and warm. The Double Z is really tall though, and it feels like you'll fall off it if it's fully inflated. I found that if you let a bit of air out, you can sink down in a bit and it makes it really comfortable.

JNDEER

WKR
3 nights is all I have on the non-insulated Z. I purchased it for our July CA hunting season to be used with a non-BA bag. I wanted a wider pad and have to say it slept very nice. Stayed firm all night, you could tell it was much thicker than the standard 2.5" pads and the width for a guy with broad shoulders was fantastic.

I have the insulated double z and really like it. However if I had it to do over again I would have gotten the wide. I could use a bit more room width wise.

OP
B
Thanks guys, I think I am going to try the summit park and the long wide double z insulated...I am also still considering the lost ranger.

I'll let you all know what I think after I spend a night or two in the setup.

OP
B
I changed my mind just as I was about to place my order. I went with the tall/wide lost ranger, which has about the same dimensions and roominess in it at the summit park, plus it is about a pound lighter. I know I will want to use the bag on some backpack trips so the weight savings made sense for me, but should be comfy and nice back at the truck as well.

OP
B
Got the lost ranger and double z insulated pad in...I love it! Very roomy where you can sleep on your side and roll around with ease...not restricting or tight at all. Quality seems great on the bag and the pad is very comfortable.

The 4" pad blew up in 23 good breaths for me, pretty quick.